Hello From Chorley

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Branny

Beer swillin, pie munchin, fat mon
Reaction score
Hi All,

New member but lurker.

I used to brew kits about 10 years ago (I'm sure I was a member here or over at Jim's).

I got back into brewing through Pinter about 18 months ago. Since then it's been a decent progression. Numerous Pinter's, brew fridge and then more recently a Fermzilla All-Rounder, 3 x Kegs, and now in the process of completing the Kegerator (1 x party tap at the moment but 2 x Nuka's on the way).

I only brew kits - MJ's at the moment - due to having a young family so time is precious and I can't dedicate it to AG. Invariably that means in about 12 months I'll be wanting to do AG and asking you what equipment I need.

Glad to be here.

Cheers!
Branny

Welcome to the forum. Kit are great and especially the Mangrove Jacks Kits, I’ve done a good few and will soon be putting on my 3rd Mangrove Jacks pink grapefruit IPA.

Welcome to the forum. Kit are great and especially the Mangrove Jacks Kits, I’ve done a good few and will soon be putting on my 3rd Mangrove Jacks pink grapefruit IPA.

I'm on the MJ Juicy at the mo, really nice. My last one was the Pink Grapefruit but it got really oxidised (in hindsight I think the keg was nowhere near enough purged despite an enclosed pressure transfer) so I'll be doing it again soon.

I'm on the MJ Juicy at the mo, really nice. My last one was the Pink Grapefruit but it got really oxidised (in hindsight I think the keg was nowhere near enough purged despite an enclosed pressure transfer) so I'll be doing it again soon.
I’ve done the Juicy Session IPA twice, first one was amazing, second was just OK, however the last few bottles were great. It just needed time. Not sure if the difference was between using DME on the first batch and LME on the second. Both times I did the Pink Grapefruit IPA it turned out fantastic and even nicer than brewdogs Elvis Juice. Looking forward to it again, I’ll put it on tomorrow.

I’ve done the Juicy Session IPA twice, first one was amazing, second was just OK, however the last few bottles were great. It just needed time. Not sure if the difference was between using DME on the first batch and LME on the second. Both times I did the Pink Grapefruit IPA it turned out fantastic and even nicer than brewdogs Elvis Juice. Looking forward to it again, I’ll put it on tomorrow.

The Juicy is LME, for the Pink Grapefruit I did Dextrose. Even though it was oxidised I'll be using LME next time.

Latest posts

Back