Hello from Coatbridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerMe

Reaction score
Hi folks, I've never done a home brew at any time before. I'm the owner of a PD machine and ultimately I'm hoping to be able to run home brew through it.

I've decided to just start with a basic starter kit and I'm hoping to make some wheat beer.

Is this kit sufficient to get me started?

https://www.biggerjugs.co.uk/produc...-7-kg-40-pint-beer-kit?variant=39530039640245
I haven't seen the starter equipment and Cooper's wheat beer for that price anywhere else. I also have some of the PET bottles, 2x500g packs of Munstons Spray Malt Wheat, and a pack of the wb 06 Safbrew yeast in my basket. Am I missing anything?

I'm sure I'll have many more questions soon, thanks for letting me join.

Hello and welcome to the forum. That starter kit is excellent value. It is also very handy to have a second fermentation bucket with a tap. Get a bottling wand and hydrometer too. The Coopers Hefe Wheat kit done with wheat dry malt extract is a fantastic kit. I’ve made it and will do again. It turned out great. I used the yeast which came in the kit. I still have a couple of bottles left. My only complaint is that it was so nice that it didn’t last very long. Delicious 🤤, I love Wheat Beers. Good luck and enjoy.
PS. Just a little warning ⚠ initial fermentation is very active and Krausen came up through the airlock. Created a bit of a mess on the lid of the fermentation bucket. So keep a good eye on it for first 48 hours. I put on a Mangrove Jacks Bavarian Wheat beer last weekend and same thing happened. This time round I had one of these airlocks which was very easy to clean and put back into use.

Attachments

• DC05C5A3-51C2-4ACE-AA19-15C743FB24E5.png
    DC05C5A3-51C2-4ACE-AA19-15C743FB24E5.png
    43 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the welcome folks. I took the plunge on that starter kit, it's too good a bargain to miss. Got the bottling wand and 2 crates of bottles to get me started too.

@damienair I decided just to stick with the yeast that comes with it, hope you don't mind if I pick your brain as I go through the process athumb..

Thanks for the welcome folks. I took the plunge on that starter kit, it's too good a bargain to miss. Got the bottling wand and 2 crates of bottles to get me started too.

@damienair I decided just to stick with the yeast that comes with it, hope you don't mind if I pick your brain as I go through the process athumb..
Absolutely. I only started myself at the beginning of December. I’ve done 7 kits so far, 1 wine, 1 Cider and 5 beers. YouTube is a great resource as is this forum. Happy to help anytime 👍

Latest posts

Back