Hello from County Cork!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inkman

Reaction score
Hi All, sorry for my broken English. (I'm not a native speaker) I live in Ireland and started to brew beer 10 years ago. Was making wine at my home country for decades, distilled fruits, made vodka with the column I built for myself. Always feeling mesmerized by the action of yeasts on sugars. I grow hops and make/ made some unusual brews: Mango wit, peated ale(1 pound of peated malt in 20 litre). Dipped my feet in brewing directly contaminated beers, lately trying to make pseudo kvass from my own rye bread (made with sourdough starter) and malts plus coriander seeds and orange peel, fermented with sourdough starter. Started to make rice wine as well: using angel rice leaven and sebamyl-sebstar enzymes. My favourite home brewed beer is an oatmeal Maris Otter elderflower chamomile honey pale ale. Next brew will be a pseudo lager with Nottingham yeast(using lager malt plus 10% rice). In the search of kveik yeasts now to try experiment with them. Thank you for taking me in.

That's my plan as well. I have a really complicated temp controll device called window...spare bedroom heating off, window open/close....:) Afraid of mentioning another fridge for fermentation chamber, wife would throw a tantrum, I have a loads of stuff for different projects around the place....:) No shed or garage....

Back