Hello from Dorset

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin Woodwars

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers.
I had been brewing from kits for just over a year.
I think the wife wanted to increase the amount of time I spent in the garage and not under her feet as she bought me a Boiler/Mash tun a few months ago and you know how the bug just takes you from there.
Having finished my batch of London Pride, I've just kegged a 5 gallon batch of Titanic Lifeboat.
Quick question..... How long would you leave the Titanic before drinking?
I seem to be quite impatient !!!
Really looking forward to tapping into everyone's knowledge and experiences on this fantastic forum.

Welcome to the Forum! :thumb:

For me I run a 2+2+2 system. Two weeks fermenting then (if it has stopped fermenting), two weeks carbonating and two weeks conditioning; and at that time I taste it.

If it is really nice then I may start drinking it but, as a general rule I like my brews to mature. e.g. Last night I had a tarted up Coopers Stout that I brewed in March 2017 and the night before a Vienna Lager that I brewed in August 2017.

The joy of beer and lager is that not only do they generally keep well, they mostly get better as the months go by!

In other words, "There's no rush to start drinking your Titanic 'cos it isn't going to sink!.":wave:I hope this makes sense!:gulp:

Having finished my batch of London Pride, I've just kegged a 5 gallon batch of Titanic Lifeboat.
Quick question..... How long would you leave the Titanic before drinking?
I seem to be quite impatient !!!
Really looking forward to tapping into everyone's knowledge and experiences on this fantastic forum.
My rule of thumb is the stronger and/or darker the beer the longer it will require before it comes good. However in contradiction of that Coopers Euro lager needs 3 months, and I have found Coopers Stouts can be drunk within a couple of weeks although they do change as they age.

Fellow Dorset resident here, where you to?

I've never had Titanic before, but I tend to drink pale hoppy beers sooner (often start a week after packaging) and darker / higher abv / less hoppy beers get at least a few weeks conditioning .

Welcome to the Forum! :thumb:

For me I run a 2+2+2 system. Two weeks fermenting then (if it has stopped fermenting), two weeks carbonating and two weeks conditioning; and at that time I taste it.

If it is really nice then I may start drinking it but, as a general rule I like my brews to mature. e.g. Last night I had a tarted up Coopers Stout that I brewed in March 2017 and the night before a Vienna Lager that I brewed in August 2017.

The joy of beer and lager is that not only do they generally keep well, they mostly get better as the months go by!

In other words, "There's no rush to start drinking your Titanic 'cos it isn't going to sink!.":wave:I hope this makes sense!:gulp:
Excellent. I knew there'd be a shipwreck reference in there somewhere. Cheers for the info.

My rule of thumb is the stronger and/or darker the beer the longer it will require before it comes good. However in contradiction of that Coopers Euro lager needs 3 months, and I have found Coopers Stouts can be drunk within a couple of weeks although they do change as they age.
Cheers for that. I'll probably give this one a month or two before I go near it again.

Fellow Dorset resident here, where you to?

I've never had Titanic before, but I tend to drink pale hoppy beers sooner (often start a week after packaging) and darker / higher abv / less hoppy beers get at least a few weeks conditioning .
Cheers buddy. I knew I'd have to wait. This is quite dark and will need time to get comfortable.

Latest posts

Back