Hello from Fareham

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigjas

Landlord.
Reaction score
Another hobby and another forum :thumb:

My name is Jas and I have just started home brewing. I had a go about 25 years ago and it seems the hobby has moved on considerably since then. I am currently brewing a Youngs American Amber Ale that came with a start up kit from my local home brew shop. It should be ready for kegging at the weekend and I'm very excited about drinking it when its ready :drunk:
The quality of the equipment and the kit is so much better than before, and of course there are great forums like this one. I have had a look around here and there is a lot of great experience and expertise on here. that's why I like forums and the info that I get from the many forums I belong to.

I have already bought another King Keg and I have also just picked up a Festival Golden Stag to brew ready for the summer (Mrs Bigjas likes golden ales too) Once I am getting comfortable with kits I would like to progress to brewing full grain ales for a bit of a laugh!! I hope to be able to contribute a little as time goes on, but being a newbie I don't have much to offer at the moment.

I am currently building a 'Home Bar' in my lounge for my Home Brew and will have a beer engine that I can use for parties or special occasions. Cant wait to get it complete and pour my first home brew pint :cheers:
Cheers everyone

Jas

Welcome to the forum.
In passing, AG is extremely serious stuff to a lot on here, not a 'bit of a laugh' :wink:

Thanks for the welcome, just to clarify I was not belittling AG, just that I am hopeless at stuff like this so would not expect myself to be very successful. I can clearly see from this forum that there are a lot of very clever and talented people out there making very good beer :cheers:

I have a lot of reading and learning to do

Jas

Latest posts

Back