Hello from Germany

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

365er

Reaction score
Hello from Germany, fellow home brewers!

I am a somewhat experienced home brewer using an all-in-one system for brewing full grain. I've had the pleasure to live in Aberdeen for a couple of years where I had my first taste of ale. It was an eye opener. Although I am still drinking a German Pilsener occasionally, I do prefer ales now and that is the reason I started brewing in the first place: just a few years ago, when I moved back to Germany, it was barely possible to get a decent pint around here (yes, expensive craft beer in hipster bars. But not how I knew it from the UK). So, I decided to make my own and here I am. Mostly, I brew bitters/pale ales but after about 50 brews, surely I have made my experiments with all sorts of styles.
Another aspect that I am really missing about the UK are the pubs. Some of them even have carpets and they really "tie the room together". Troubles with my Beer Engine led me to this forum since in the German hobby brewer forum nobody really knows the details of those things. Also, I am hoping to learn a few tricks on how to make my ales even more authentic. :)

Cheers
Curt

Welcome Curt! This site has done plenty to improve my beer-making in the last year or so, although it sounds like you are well on the path already!

Welcome! I am tho opposite of you in as much as I have spent many a great holiday in Germany and Austria and try to brew beer in the styles in came across when there. Mostly the Weissbiers.
"The grass is always greener on the other side", isn't it? ;)

Back