Hello from Ireland!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colm89

Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here from the west coast of Ireland (Sligo side of the Sligo/Mayo border to be exact)!

I‘m originally from the east cost of Ireland (Meath), but just moved home having spent the past 7 years living in southeast London (within a very short walking distance of BBNo, canopy, brick, Brixton, and possibly others that I may have forgotten in the 4 months since moving home).

I’ve been baking sourdough bread for the past year and a bit now, so I figured the next step in my fermentation journey was to try my hand at brewing beer, and what better time than during a second lockdown.

So far I’ve made a handful of stovetop BIAB one gallon batches with pretty good success, however I have just picked up a 30 litre buffalo boiler to convert after much deliberation. I spent a lot of time deliberating over diy vs brew monk, and in the end opted for diy (only for geterbrewed to put a 15% discount on the brew monk a day later!).

Look forward to learning from the community!

Latest posts

Back