Hello from London

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fugglehorne

Reaction score
A massive welcome to ME! Long-time brewer here, but I haven't done it for a couple of years because I've been off sailing instead (new hobby.) This autumn though I've dusted off the mash tun and I'm raring to go. I have a 5-gallon, 3-tier brewery squeezed into a tiny room behind my kitchen, and also a little one-gallon, grainfather-style system made from a tea-urn (I call it the grainbaby) and this is what I'll mostly be using. On the whole I like traditional British ale -- a well-served pint of Adnams or a nice bottle of London Porter is about as good as it gets IMO. My ambition for this year, as well as making a cracking Christmas porter, is to experiment with smoking malts in my barbecue and see if I can make an old-style smoked porter. (It's my firmly-held conviction that everything tastes better smoked). Anyway, looking forward to participating in this forum (I used to hang out at JBK but sadly it seems to have died a death) and thanks for having me.

Back