Hello from Newcastle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Like others here I am a returning from a long brewing sabbatical. I gave up over ten years ago (probably nearer fifteen) when I got sick of equipment failures, principally the kettle element burning out, and the faff-on using stuff I never really had confidence in: The plastic walls of my old boilers used to get very soft although they were probably safe and, in truth, never failed me, unlike the thermostat and washers around the connections. But I’ve always missed having beer brewed to my taste on tap and came across this a few weeks ago: MiniBrew | Brew & tap fresh craft beer at home

We haven’t had a holiday this year because of work commitments and lockdown so I managed to get budgetary approval and went online to see if the Android software was available yet. Unfortunately, I couldn’t remember what the Minibrew was called so Googled “all in one brewery”. I didn’t get what I was expecting. What a change there has been in homebrew equipment and consumables in the past ten years and, long story short, I am now the owner of this (for a little over half the cost of a Minibrew!): The Ultimate Brewing Bundle

Over the weekend I’ll be having a play before doing my first brew sometime next week. One of the exciting things about this equipment is it allows me to create highly carbonated drinks. Personally, I don’t like them but the other half likes cider, particularly the Kopperberg Mixed Fruit, which, in addition to the apple, is blackcurrent and raspberries. I’ve never made cider before but I think making something not too dissimilar to the Kopperberg should be relatively straightforward matter of mixing apple juice with some of this: Raspberry & Blackcurrant Cordial (6 x 500ml) | pixleyberries. Time will tell I guess.

I look forward to talking to you in the forum for whatever problem I’m having at the time

Cheers

Andy

Hi and welcome to the forum.. Nice kit bundle there from Jonny and a gentleman to deal with as I bought a BrewZilla this year as well due to missing out on a MotoGP for my 50th.
Good luck and happy brewing..

Welcome. I was born in Consett (assuming your username is because that’s where you are from) but moved up to Dundee before my second birthday.

Latest posts

Back