hello from norfolk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norfolk brew

Reaction score
hi all im new to this i have just taken on a alotment and have a wild cherry tree a cherry tree and a apple tree and a eldflower tree. so brewing seems a good idea realy.

im here from start to finsh i want to learn how to do the whole shuubang lol.

im looking to find out whats the cheapest way to start and the cheapest set ups. as havent the most filled pockets ever . any way

hi im ollie.

Check ebay, gumtree, charity shops, car boot sales and freecycle for cheap gear.

What you buy is really going to depend on what scale you're looking to produce.

Read though this site, there's a ton of info and a quick search often gets good answers fast.

Try juice wines (especially Wurzels) and turbo ciders before you risk your fresh fruit, recipes on this site.

Welcome to the forums. ;)

Greetings fellow allotmenteer,(check this site outhttp://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/grapevine/ ) (hi Ollie) :grin:, cheap kit!, 5ltr water bottles around 90p with free water, grommet for airlock 50p (fits into 14ml hole drilled in waterbottle cap), 2 simple airlocks £1[fancy ones $1:25 ea], siphon kit around £1:75, small tub of campden tabs £1, champagne yeast £1 a sachet, elderflowers free, white grape juice 3 for £2 (tesco) 2kg sugar £1 from £shop, water free from 90p bottle or tap ;) , yeast nutrient about £1 small tub.

6 large elderflower heads,
2pts boiling water- pour over snipped off flowers-cool,
2ltr grape juice - pour into emptied waterbottle(demijohn)(DJ)
700g sugar add to DJ- shake well to disolve,
1tsp yeast nutrient - add and shake to disperse,
strain cooled elderflower water into DJ, - pour 1/2pt of the liquid into a jug and mix in 1 5g sachet of champagne yeast, when it starts to froth (in a warm place) pour into DJ, put on lid with airlock and grommet fitted through 14ml hole previously drilled, sit back and watch it go, after initial ferment has died down (a couple of days) top up with to shoulder of DJ with water, ferment until it clears itself, siphon into clean DJ/waterbottle.........enjoy :grin:

wow sounds great im going to be one it tuesday lol. where can you buy all thbe yeasts from ??? as i dont have ebay ??? any town shops sell them ????

norfolk brew said:
wow sounds great im going to be one it tuesday lol. where can you buy all thbe yeasts from ??? as i dont have ebay ??? any town shops sell them ????

If you have a Wilkinsons store near you, they sell homebrew equipment. :thumb:

norfolk brew said:
kings lynn

Beers of europe at Setchey do a selection of brewing stuff. They stock a little more than wilco's but a little dearer. Im only just up the road in Sutton Bridge so if I can help I will.

snail what will i need just for simple brew brew of some sort from wilconsons. il get the misses on it wednessday lol. yeah your very close i used to live in sutton bridge on the left just before you cross the bridge.

For a simple brew of an easy(ish) wine like an orange wurzel HERE or a fruit Tea Bag wine HERE or a Cheeky Vimto HERE you will need an Air lock, General Purpose Yeast, Yeast Nutrient, Campden Tablets, Thermometer, Hydrometer, Syphon tube & sterilizer. You can check it all out and price it up HERE OR YOU COULD USE ANY OF THE FORUMS SPONSORS SITES AND GET IT DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR :D A Demijohn can be made from a 5ltr water bottle purchased from a supermarket for about a quid (you use the water to make the wine) all the ingredients can be purchased when you get the bottle :thumb: . All the instructions are in the threads ive linked. If you follow them you wont go far wrong. I started with an Orange wurzel ive now done 3 of those 4 Tea Bag wines 4 Cheeky Vimtos 3 ginger beers a nettle beer (not recomended :lol: ) 2 Beer kits and im about to do my 2nd AG brew (hopefully today) all in less that 6 months with the help of the members of this forum. :cheers:. If ive missed anything someone will let you know there good like that on here :thumb:

All the best and get brewing.
Mick.

Back