Hello from Northern Ireland.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Razor

Bearded Brewer
Reaction score
Hi everyone.
I started off my home brewing a few months ago using some of my dad's old kit from the 80's/90's (well washed and sterilised) I've now got some new kit of my own as well. I've got 4 DJs and two 25l FVs and looking to get more if I can convince SWMBO. I have 4 brews on the go at the moment and looking for ideas on what to do next.
Loving the site so far
Thanks
Razor

Hi Razor

I am from NI too. Welcome to this forum - you will get great advice here.

Do you get your stuff online or from the shop on the N'ards Road?

Either of you ever go along to the Belfast brew club meets in Brewbot? I think there's a meet tonight actually.

Nope never been to it. Where is brewbot?

It's on the Ormeau rd in Belfast. I've been along to a few meets, they're a good bunch and the Brewbot bar is exceptional, their beer list is quite incredible.

Houseofhomebrew.co.uk also has a meeting this Tuesday. I haven't been to either.

I'm East Belfast here, probably guessable by my username and avatar :D

Welcome to the forum.

Hi thanks. I got some stuff in there but I got a load in a store down south in Mountmellick, Co Laois.
What part of NI you in?

I live in the Ards. Naturesway is great to go into - they keep me right in my endeavours lol - their advice is superb.

Hi thanks. I got some stuff in there but I got a load in a store down south in Mountmellick, Co Laois.
What part of NI you in?

was the shop in Laois cheap? Only in the south once a year but might take a detour if the price was right lol

It's on the Ormeau rd in Belfast. I've been along to a few meets, they're a good bunch and the Brewbot bar is exceptional, their beer list is quite incredible.

Sounds good how often are they held?

Houseofhomebrew.co.uk also has a meeting this Tuesday. I haven't been to either.

I'm East Belfast here, probably guessable by my username and avatar :D

Welcome to the forum.

You must be a Linfield man lol oj. Yea I seen the poster up in the store is that the one in the church hall down the road?

I live in the Ards. Naturesway is great to go into - they keep me right in my endeavours lol - their advice is superb.
was the shop in Laois cheap? Only in the south once a year but might take a detour if the price was right lol

I'm in Ards too. They are pretty helpful in there.
The Home Brew Company down in Laois is pretty good. They have a lot of kit for sale I think they have a lot more space for stock. They do seem to be a bit cheaper for some things. They have a load of offers on their site. Just remember to adjust for euros lol.

I am also Belfast based. Brew bot is a sound pub, as is the woodworkers next to laverys. My first ever batch is in the fermenter at the moment. It was brew bot and woodworkers that inspired me!

Brewbot and the Natures Way club are 2 different events, I don't know much about the Brewbot meeting but the Natures Way/ Houseofhomebrew meeting is on the last Tuesday of every month.

https://www.facebook.com/thehouseofhomebrew/

I try and buy as much as I can out of Natures Way, its my local shop but their knowledge is outstanding.

I keep meaning to try Brewbot, it looks a decent pub. I may head to the Oktoberfest in the Kings Hall next week but the yearly Belfast Beer Festival is in the middle of November.

If that's the one run by Naturesway then no I haven't but I have stalked them on facebook lol:thumb:

No as GlensMark says they are two different clubs. The ones who meet in Brewbot are part of the NHC club (see here) which is a great place to keep an eye on if you are ever interested in competition brewing, their NHC competition is the biggest in Europe and even if you don't enter the competition it's an eye opener just going along to the judging days. They are an extremely knowledgeable bunch and have some really great brewers.

I'm in Ards too. They are pretty helpful in there.
The Home Brew Company down in Laois is pretty good. They have a lot of kit for sale I think they have a lot more space for stock. They do seem to be a bit cheaper for some things. They have a load of offers on their site. Just remember to adjust for euros lol.

I pass naturesway fairly regularly and always go in rather than order online. They are just great for advice and friendly. Great wee shop though I usually end up spending extra lol

Latest posts

Back