Hello from Norway

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Shaun Flint

Reaction score
Hello,

Been lurking too long and really wanted to get involved and say a big thank you for all the incredible amount of collective knowledge in this forum

The itch hasn't left after moving to Norway a while back so I've finally invested in some gear (it's so expensive here )

I've got 25L of Pear and Ginger wine bubbling away now and some Christmas Puddings in the steamer for Christmas Pudding wine if I don't eat it..

All the best!

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Sounds great and welcome to the gang. Why is it so expensive over there? Just been looking at the delivery pages of some of the UK suppliers and those that will deliver to Norway want more than if they were delivering to Finland!

Banbeer

Brewing Apprentice
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, happy brewing.

Shaun Flint

Reaction score
Sounds great and welcome to the gang. Why is it so expensive over there? Just been looking at the delivery pages of some of the UK suppliers and those that will deliver to Norway want more than if they were delivering to Finland!
Not 100% sure, but knowing Norway and it's alcohol laws I guess it's a high tax/import fee

I actually ordered from the UK, and with postage and import fee included, I still got almost twice as much stuff for my money

An Ankoù

Landlord.
Reaction score
Not 100% sure, but knowing Norway and it's alcohol laws I guess it's a high tax/import fee

I actually ordered from the UK, and with postage and import fee included, I still got almost twice as much stuff for my money
Blimey, it is expensive, then. asad1

druid1966

Reaction score
Norway is a very expensive country in general. I have a bunch of family that lives there and I have resisted going because of the cost. But is sure is beautiful! Oh...and welcome...:thumba: