Hello from Sean

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanPM

Reaction score
Hi all,

Used to dabble with home brewing but since returned. Looking for a decent AIO system or a DIY version that can get me to where I want to be.

Bit of an odd ball in that all I want to do very well is lager so appreciate I’ve got a long road ahead to get it right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,

Used to dabble with home brewing but since returned. Looking for a decent AIO system or a DIY version that can get me to where I want to be.

Bit of an odd ball in that all I want to do very well is lager so appreciate I’ve got a long road ahead to get it right.
Welcome Sean and we hope you do become PM. Unknown as you are, you'd be a million times better than the last lot.
Yep, lager is the most unforgiving of styles, in my experience.
What commercial examples would you put up as models for copying?

Hi Sean, a warm welcome to this most friendly of forums 😀. Your priority if wishing to make lagers will need to be temperature control as while it is certainly possible to make lager like beers at room temperature, it will be a challenge outside of winter. If you time it right you can ferment lagers outside in a shed in late Autumn and early spring - well I guess these days in particular it depends on where you live. Theoretically you can warm ferment lagers under pressure, but I still think the jury is out on that, and that would be a big step up to go straight in at the pressurised fermenter stage. You might want to keep an eye on gumtree or similar for a second hand fridge you can adapt to control the temperature during fermentation.

K8pFQsJ.jpg

Latest posts

Back