Hello from Sheffield

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SheffieldBrew

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been brewing for a few years with varying regularity due to children. I'm a tinkerer by inclination so have been building a brewery in my garage powered by little bits of technology that I’ve hand rolled or picked up from open source projects.

I’m eBIAB in a 70l stainless pot with a grain basket, recirculation and temperature control run by a raspberry pi, a few relays and some python, there’s also a cheap but effective earthing element shroud that I built and can post about if anyone else wants to try and automate electric elements while not drastically increasing their risk of death.

The fermentation chamber is a Gumtree fridge with brewpi added. I’m currently using corny kegs to ferment but am trying to find a keg that I can buy properly (KegWatch properly) to take an angle grinder to so I can increase the batch size in a single vessel while still fermenting in stainless.

I’m surprised with a city the size of Sheffield that there don’t appear to be any homebrew clubs, or if there are, they’re keeping a lower profile than I’ve spotted.

My beer tastes seem to vary with the season, except sours which I can live without.

Look forward to sharing with you all

R

I started 'homebrewing' as a student in Sheffield, and used to scrounge yeast from Tennants Brewery, who were only too happy to oblige. I probably paid for it many times over in their pubs though. wink...
Tennants of course has long gone.
Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

The fermentation chamber is a Gumtree fridge with brewpi added.

I'm very interested in this. SWMBO thought I might like a raspberry pi for Christmas and I like the idea of programming temp profiles. Any chance of starting a thread with a few details?

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I'll try and get around to writing the raspberry pi thread soon

Latest posts

Back