Hello from Sheffield!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

just_gary

Reaction score
Rather than lurk, I thought I'd sign up and say hello!

I'm a novice home brewer from Sheffield. My first brew was almost a complete disaster, with half in a pressure keg, that doesn't hold pressure tasting like a heady mix of disinfectant and cardboard! I filled 17 bottles as well, and thankfully they're tasting more like the beer I intended, and getting better every week That's how I learn though... lots of mistakes!

I'm starting with kits, and my first was a Young's New World Saison, and now I've a Mangrove Jack's Juicy IPA bubbling away.

I used to work as a photographer, (for over a decade) and have needed a pastime since getting a proper full-time job five years ago. Even though it's early days, I'm really enjoying the brewing so far.

Thanks for having me. I'll try not to be too annoying with silly questions! Hopefully, as my skill and knowledge increase, I'll be able to help out myself at some point too.

Rather than lurk, I thought I'd sign up and say hello!

I'm a novice home brewer from Sheffield. My first brew was almost a complete disaster, with half in a pressure keg, that doesn't hold pressure tasting like a heady mix of disinfectant and cardboard! I filled 17 bottles as well, and thankfully they're tasting more like the beer I intended, and getting better every week That's how I learn though... lots of mistakes!

I'm starting with kits, and my first was a Young's New World Saison, and now I've a Mangrove Jack's Juicy IPA bubbling away.

I used to work as a photographer, (for over a decade) and have needed a pastime since getting a proper full-time job five years ago. Even though it's early days, I'm really enjoying the brewing so far.

Thanks for having me. I'll try not to be too annoying with silly questions! Hopefully, as my skill and knowledge increase, I'll be able to help out myself at some point too.
Welcome from Scotland, loads of great advice on here.

Thanks for the warm welcome

I tried another of the bottles from the Young's New World Saison again tonight... it was really lovely. I'm really surprised you can get such a dry, yet fresh and complex tasting beer from a kit. I can strongly recommend it worth a go, and I think it would be absolutely great if I'm able to avoid the mistakes bi know I made this time round... (pitching the yeast while too warm, not having a blowoff tube setup as the yeast was quite aggressive, splashing the beer around like a possessed moron, etc, etc)

Latest posts

Back