Hello from southern Italy!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accetturess

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Born in London, lived in Nottingham for 30 years and now retired and loving life in a small village, perched atop a mountain in Basilicata, southern Italy.
Cider is non existent here, and my wife is partial to a drop, so I am going to try to make my own.
I have sent off for a few bits, and should be able to get everything else I need from my local (1 hour drive) town.
Look forward to appraising you on my progress and picking a few brains...

Welcome to the forum :thumba:

Are you sticking to cider or will you try beer and wine later if its a success?

Are you sticking to cider or will you try beer and wine later if its a success?
Ingredients for beer are scarce hereabouts but wine is a maybe - although the local plonk is very drinkable and costs 80p per litre!

Howdy. Cider is dead easy....buy the cheapest,canned,bottled etc pure juice you can find and you're on the money....can you get yeast etc?

I have ordered cider yeast and pectolase off of ebay. I should be able to get malic acid here. I need fermentation vessels and a hydrometer, which I am going to look for today. Nearest town is over an hour drive but it is a lovely drive across the mountains to get to the main road - I am lucky enough to live smack in the middle of a national park.

Beginning to dislike this new person. Jealously is an ugly trait. Lol. Welcome! And good luck with the cider.

Welcome to Valhala. Postage to Italy is expensive in comparison with France, but 30 Kg for less than £20 is probably still good value for money. Look at websiutes like thehomebrewcompany, Brew UK, and geterbrewed to compare the costs. I'd certainly brew my own beer if I lived in Italy.

Latest posts

Back