Hello from Stirlingshire

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
I live in Larbert (between Stirling and Falkirk) although I originally come from North West England. I’ve been brewing for about 5 years now, mostly BIAB. Hadn’t brewed anything for over year before this week, I work for the NHS so has been hectic (no bashing sauce pans for me please;), I’m in an admin role, definitely not front line, barely set foot in a hospital for a year but busy nonetheless) plus my wife and I had our second child in the summer so that’s been time consuming too.
My local brewery has been kindly filing my cornies up for me in the meantime so I’ve not gone without beer; however, finally got round to brewing again this week whilst on leave. IPA and a Helles, both coming along okay hopefully. Have another order on the way and have decided to get a separate mash tun instead of BIAB this time, so may have questions/cries for help as I try and get to grips with that. In the meantime, happy brewing everyone!
Steve

Another warm welcome from Stirling, quite a brewing hot spot it seems in Forth Valley. I used to work in FVRH as well, still do the odd clinical session there too though mostly SCH and CCHC these days.

Anna

Another warm welcome from Stirling, quite a brewing hot spot it seems in Forth Valley. I used to work in FVRH as well, still do the odd clinical session there too though mostly SCH and CCHC these days.

Anna
So I see! I’m working across in NHS GG&C, FVRH would be much more convenient. My wife works there though, she’s in O&G, jealous of her commute.

So I see! I’m working across in NHS GG&C, FVRH would be much more convenient. My wife works there though, she’s in O&G, jealous of her commute.
Oh I can sympathise! I moved from working in and around FVRH to the other side of Glasgow, including the daily M8 car park, though to be fair it's a little better at the moment, and most of the time like you, I'm working from home during the day (yes I'm admin as well for the day job 😱 ) I've never heard of the Tryst Brewery but rather like the idea of them filling a cornie! Do you have to email/phone ahead to ask?

Anna

Hi all I live in Stirling, not far from the Torbrex Inn. I am an aeronautical engineer, and relatively new to this brewing lark. Started off with a Pinter (this was my gateway to this hobby, and have enjoyed some good brews) but rapidly embraced all-grain. Have been brewing small batches as can’t drink too much beer. But have fallen deep down the rabbit hole and just purchased Maischfest that Stuart in Doune . Would be great to meet some local brewers and learn and share some beers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back