Hello from the East Midlands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave H

Reaction score
I have brewed from kits many years ago when “Boots” used to sell kits and equipment and then a couple of years ago I resurrected the equipment and made a few modern kits!

I’m now doing all grain, mainly single hop pale ale recipes to see what they come out like and very pleased with the results.

Being an engineer I’m also enjoying the technical side and have made some of the equipment myself. My latest is a hop filter so a good time to see if I can post a picture.

Dave

upload_2019-3-21_9-49-2.jpeg

Hi Dave

I'm new too

I'm also an engineer but I've never brewed anything and I'm looking forward to having a go

David.

Give it a go soon! I prefer my all grain pale ales to some of the stuff I’ve had to buy!
If your anything like me your Engineering mind will be looking to improve the kit and wanting to know as much about everything as you can find out, as with a lot of things there is a lot of learning and more to everything than you first thought. You wonder if you will ever brew something worth drinking but the results can be very rewarding.

Good luck

Dave

Ex East midlander here, also engineering background, I don't think there is nothing I haven't tweaked to give better performance. Just remember there are no short cuts, read as many books as you can from proficient brewers and always question the reason why to answers.

Back