Hello from the Forest of Dean

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elderflower.

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have been making country wines now on and off for years with the usual mix of both planned and unexpected joys and the occasional (definitely unplanned) horror ;) .I am fortunate in that my job as a gardener I can gather a wide range of ingredients over the year while i am at work,according to the time of year. I also have made small batches of Cider and Perry the last couple of years. Looking forward to reading other peoples experiences and advice. Cheers!!

Welcome Elderflower. I don't make a lot of country wine, but the one I never miss is elderflower champagne. You've just reminded me that I've got 5 bottles left in the garage.

Haha! Thats someone who knows the vorest,I be vine,ows thic?
But seriously its a great place to live for a country wine maker. Atm I have Gooseberry,Quince,Blackberry,Sloe,Banana and Pear secondary fermenting.Damson and Grape both open fermenting(the damson is going into a Dj tnite),and too many to list maturing upstairs.Ive got access to a lot of fruit so freeze it until time allows to get it under way.The other half is very patient with me....

Latest posts

Back