Hello from the Midlands

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm about two years into my home brewing career, started out with a few kits but wasn't totally satisfied with the level of control that gave me over the process/recipes so took the plunge into all grain last summer (partially helped by the pandemic freeing up some funds to invest in a Grainfather).

Since then I've been gradually improving the quality of my brews (taking care with Chlorine-based sanitizers and using Yeast starters probably being the two biggest contributors), which has culminated in my most recent brew (a Sloe Stout) being a self-declared triumph (grr... lockdowns!) which has given me the confidence to really push on with learning more this year.

Having spent a few months 'lurking' as a guest on the forum I figured it was about time I took the plunge and joined this fantastic community. 👋

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Fellow Grainfather brewer here, about 3 years. Feel free to throw out any questions you may have on here, this place is full of answers and opinions

Hi Stu, Welcome to the forum, started AG brewing this time last year. Lots of useful info/advice etc from other members on this forum.
Used to live in Leamington Spa about 25 years ago, I'm just down the road in Knowle now.

Latest posts

Back