Hello from the South East

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DDHIPA

Reaction score
Hello!

Having brewed a few extract kits I made the jump and purchased a Grainfather. I brewed my first batch a couple of weeks ago (John Finch American IPA recipe from Malt Miller) which ended fermentation smelling like popcorn.... (I’ll go in to more detail in the relevant forum)
Whilst i wait until brewing again on the weekend I am re-reading John Palmers How to Brew as well as the Yeast and Water “brewing elements” books.

Brewing and researching is a welcome positive distraction from the craziness going on in the world at the moment and I’m looking forward to hopefully being self sufficient beer wise in 2021. I have even recently secured an allotment with my wife andI am planning to grow hops for a 2021 Harvest.

I’m looking forward to hopefully contributing to and benefitting from what the forum has to offer

Have a good week everyone!

Welcome to the forum, have done quite a few AG kits from Malt Miller, never disappointed in quality of ingredients etc and the finished brew. Hope the allotment and hop growing is a success

Hello!

Having brewed a few extract kits I made the jump and purchased a Grainfather. I brewed my first batch a couple of weeks ago (John Finch American IPA recipe from Malt Miller) which ended fermentation smelling like popcorn.... (I’ll go in to more detail in the relevant forum)
Whilst i wait until brewing again on the weekend I am re-reading John Palmers How to Brew as well as the Yeast and Water “brewing elements” books.

Brewing and researching is a welcome positive distraction from the craziness going on in the world at the moment and I’m looking forward to hopefully being self sufficient beer wise in 2021. I have even recently secured an allotment with my wife andI am planning to grow hops for a 2021 Harvest.

I’m looking forward to hopefully contributing to and benefitting from what the forum has to offer

Have a good week everyone!

Hi, also from the south east. I bought my Grainfather about a year ago and I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from it. The only problem is you will now be looking out for your next brewing investment.
The want list is never ending.

There definitely seems to be more brewers now in the south east. When I started brewing here in southend, I was surprised that there wasn’t a club here. The nearest is Chelmsford way.

There definitely seems to be more brewers now in the south east. When I started brewing here in southend, I was surprised that there wasn’t a club here. The nearest is Chelmsford way.
It would be interesting to know if there are any clubs around and where they are, I am in the Surrey area.
Can any Forum members help?

It would be interesting to know if there are any clubs around and where they are, I am in the Surrey area.
Can any Forum members help?
Not many of us in Surrey - but if you look at the "Forum Member Map" post you can see a cluster near Farnham/Aldershot

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with the rise of craft beer and micro/macro breweries Everywhere more people will (hopefully) get into brewing. Especially given the history and locality of Kentish hops!

Hi, also from the south east. I bought my Grainfather about a year ago and I am sure you will get a lot of pleasure from it. The only problem is you will now be looking out for your next brewing investment.
The want list is never ending.

The grainfather basically opened a whole new avenue of wants/needs/absolute must haves

stainless conical fermenters....

Latest posts

Back