Hello from the Wirral!

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

Pugh

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Jon and I joined last month.

I've been busy brewing IPAs and Stouts and having a great time! If there are any other homebrewers on merseyside that fancy meeting up to swap brews and tips, I'd be up for it. I haven't been able to find a nearby homebrew club.

Cheers!
Pugh

fury_tea

Regular.
Reaction score
I'm living in Bootle.
I'd be up for a pint some time if you fancy it?
There's a few cool craft places about in Liverpool town, and there's the Glen Affric brewery by the tunnel in Birkenhead as well.

There's a homebrew club in Liverpool, only been once but they seem a nice bunch. I work weird hours so find it difficult to attend, it's the first Thursday in each month iirc.

Hazelwood Brewery

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chris! Get yourself on the member map (unless you don’t want to of course!) see “Introduce yourself” forum and member map.
Faversham! Best places for me in Faversham ( so far) are Reeds and Macknade Farm - loads of great food and some craft beers to boot!

Hazelwood Brewery

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know there are mixed feelings about sheps but I do enjoy a Bear Island or Whitstable Bay pale athumb..
I’m still laughing about not mentioning Shepherd Neame every time I think about it - wife thinks I’ve lost it.

I like Whitstable Bay too.

chrisb8

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m still laughing about not mentioning Shepherd Neame every time I think about it - wife thinks I’ve lost it.

I like Whitstable Bay too.
I'm sure the local farm shop will be pleased that you rate them higher than the self-styled 'Britain's oldest brewery' on a brewing forum! :laugh8:

geigercntr

Miembro senior
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find a nearby homebrew club.

Cheers!
Pugh
Hi Jon/ @Pugh

I'm Liverpool-based. There is a Liverpool Homebrew Club (FB link here https://www.facebook.com/groups/220964125068621/?ref=bookmarks). The club meets at 19:30 at Dead Crafty (L2 5TF) on the first Thurs of the month.

Next meet is Thurs 6th March. Feel free to come and say hi!
acheers.

EDIT: there's also Cheshire Brew Club (https://cheshirebrewcrew.co.uk/2019/03/) which might be closer, depending on where on Wirral you are. I've not been myself, but some members of the Liverpool club have been and say it's a good club

Last edited:

Pugh

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies! I've just joined the LHC - I'll try to be along soon - thanks @geigercntr

@fury_tea When's good for you? I'm pretty flexible and it would be nice to say "hello". PM me and we'll sort out a time!

Group Builder