Hello, Jessia Here.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have one of these air fryers and they are brilliant but it takes a little time to work out the time and temperatures you cannot follow the instructions on the packaging to the letter as the air fryers cook a lot quicker and at less temperature, these sites take some of the guesswork out for new owners.
More about air fryers on the site - https://fryerconsumer.com/air-frying-tips/are-air-fryers-worth-it/
That is something different. A couple of weeks ago we also bought one (Tefal) and got rid of our old deep fryer.
We are extremely satisfied with it. We have used it for veggie burgers, schnitzels, pomme duchesse, spring rolls, fries of course, fish, small snacks.

That is something different. A couple of weeks ago we also bought one (Tefal) and got rid of our old deep fryer.
We are extremely satisfied with it. We have used it for veggie burgers, schnitzels, pomme duchesse, spring rolls, fries of course, fish, small snacks.

We have this one, we work shifts so are not always home together so its not worth heating the big oven to make one meal, the beauty is you get microwave speeds with the added bonus of crispy food rather than limp pasty looking stuff microwaves produce.

5d8dc2f2132b8b56aec1a801

I've seen these things but never really trusted them - they really do chips / breadcrumbed stuff OK?

I've seen these things but never really trusted them - they really do chips / breadcrumbed stuff OK?

We have an Aldi one - we do 'chip like' potato cubes in ours, nuggets for the kids, oven chips, etc etc. Faster than the oven and less fat than a deep fryer (and without the deep frying smell that can fill the kitchen). I've done a whole chicken in it once and it turned out well. It's certainly a kitchen gadget that gets used rather than left in a cupboard.

It's certainly a kitchen gadget that gets used rather than left in a cupboard

Our oven hasn't been used since we got ours but it probably will Christmas day for the bird, we will use the air fry for other things.

Well I cropped her photo and used google images to find her again, and all she talks about is air fryers and the obvious Amazon link.
a1.jpg
But despite being on facebook she seems to have no life other than plugging air fryers. How sad.
I did find out that Frozen Corns dogs on a stick in an air fryer are apparently healthy - and only 82 calories!
So I can now eat more of them and still be healthy - Yay!

Just thinking of you Jessia, and your diet of frozen corn dogs.
Do you get them mail order from Amazon as you don't seem to get out much?

Maybe she forgot she joined and may come back with more informative threads in the future. :laugh8:

Back