Hello people.. new here.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seaside brew

Reaction score
Hello everybody on the forum. What a brilliant insight to brewing this site has been to me. Haven't really felt the need to post yet as I've been able to search up most things I've needed but have to check in most days. Only brewing kits at the moment. Got a ferm fridge controling temps with an STC 1000. Made some mistake's with over dry hopping but still drinkable.. had a few!

Nice one Animated, it’s stuck in a little shed near the back door plugged into an outside power supply. SWMBO wouldn’t come round to the idea of have it on the landing upstairs! Does the job though

Hello everybody on the forum. What a brilliant insight to brewing this site has been to me. Haven't really felt the need to post yet as I've been able to search up most things I've needed but have to check in most days. Only brewing kits at the moment. Got a ferm fridge controling temps with an STC 1000. Made some mistake's with over dry hopping but still drinkable.. had a few!
Hi and welcome to the forum. Mistakes we all me make but it's these you learn from and by posting them helps other's to avoid them.

Thanks Gerry, and totally agree with you there mate. I done the same thing twice!! 2nd time with a smaller amount of hops. Done a simply pale ale with 750g of dextrose and 500g of light dme then made a hop tea with 25g of cascade and 25g of mosaic. Then..... thinking I was being clever I scraped out the cafeteria and used the hop paste to dry hop with. Too bitter and a hint of the grassyness I’ve heard others speak of. So learning from my mistakes I done the same brew after that one and hopped it in the same way with half amount of hops. Still too bitter!! Not doing the tea thing anymore!!

Back