Hello There!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mancdaz

Reaction score
Hi,

Brand new brewer, after many years of threatening to do it. 3 young kids but recently divorced mean I have every other weekend to brew and bottle :)

I've got my first brew in the fermenter, made using a starter kit from northern brewer. Already planning my second brew and looking forward to tasting my first!

Thanks for having me
Darren

Welcome to this incredibly easy and and if you want it , incredibly challenging hobby.

Loads of advice available on here .

1 year in for me and still learning !

I bought a starter kit which includes all the hardware needed, from northern brewer. It included ingredients for an amber ale called Block Party.

I'm a big fan of Brewdog's Elvis Juice, so for my next brew I was considering using the pink grapefruit IPA kit from Mangrove Jack. I would be amazed and over the moon if it turned out anything like Elvis Juice!

I'm going to stick to kits for now before trying anything else more advanced, but elsewhere I was recommended some ways to pimp the kits to get a bit better results :

- Get a liquid yeast from LHBS
- Use table sugar at flame out for a bit of extra oomph without affecting flavour

Anything else anyone could suggest would be much appreciated!

Cheers!

Back