Hello world!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STICKY_ICKY

Reaction score
Hello to all.

Been home brewing for just over a year now. Got bought a wilko kit last christmas. Was hugely disappointed with the end product. Quickly decided to spend a bit of money on a 50L a brew in a bag set up, and it's been doing me well ever since.

Always learning, and always having to come here to do some homework, thought it about time I contribute too!

Cheers :cheers3:

Good afternoon, and welcome! 50L BIAB, quite an upgrade! Have you already discovered what caused the disappointment with the Wilko kit?

Good afternoon, and welcome! 50L BIAB, quite an upgrade! Have you already discovered what caused the disappointment with the Wilko kit?
I was torn between what size to get, and decided the bigger the better. I love to share what I make with friends and family, and anything less than 30L wouldn't make enough to go round and still water me!

I think the disappointment was firstly the process. I wanted to be able to share my beer with people and say, this is 100% me. Not just pour a kettle of hot water on some extract and wait for a couple weeks. And secondly, it was a bitter, and I don't like bitter. lol.

It certainly gave me the bug though, and I still use the bucket, so it was a success really.

I was torn between what size to get, and decided the bigger the better. I love to share what I make with friends and family, and anything less than 30L wouldn't make enough to go round and still water me!

I think the disappointment was firstly the process. I wanted to be able to share my beer with people and say, this is 100% me. Not just pour a kettle of hot water on some extract and wait for a couple weeks. And secondly, it was a bitter, and I don't like bitter. lol.

It certainly gave me the bug though, and I still use the bucket, so it was a success really.

Yeah, I get that, it's like asking people over for dinner and then serving soup from a can, potato mash from instant powder and defrosted veggies from Iceland. It's food, but.. no.

Funny how radical that brewing bug works :laugh8:

Back