Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geoff_s

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My names Geoff and I have just signed up to the forum.

I started brewing back in 1980 when my then girl friend, now wife, was working in a local chemist during her summer holidays. The chemist gave her two home-brew tins that he was clearing out wondering
if I would like to give them a try. Well, I did try them and they were absolutely disgusting. It was then that I thought there must be a better way, and I bought a book by Dave Line called Brewing Beers Like
Those You Buy. Well the book was a revelation, and I know things have moved on today, but back then I was brewing some quite acceptable beers from Dave Line's book.

I brewed on and off for a number of years but life took over and this particular hobby went on a back burner, some might say the gas went out. However, I retired 5 years ago and just recently so has Steve, a pal of
mine. You know where this is going.

We invested in some 25 litre aluminium kit and off we went. Almost immediately, a third member joined, the husband of the daughter of a good friend, who is not retired and somewhat younger. So now we had
the kit and a good mix of attitude towards our brewing!

However after 7-8 successful brews we realised that we had a problem. With the 25 litre kit, we were ending up with about 10-12 pints each out of each brew. This had to be rectified and so now we have invested in
a 100 litre setup, propane gas fired which resides in my garage. The first 100 litre brew is now at the last fining stage and is about to be bottled/kegged. And herein lies the challenge. We have many questions to ask now we are
at this 100 litre stage and I thought the best place to ask these questions would be a forum.

So here we are. The questions will come later and we are looking forward to some interesting ideas and opinions.

Cheers

Geoff

Hi and welcome. I also cut my teeth on the David Line book. As you say things have moved on a long way.

Latest posts

Back