Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tron

Reaction score
Just saying Hi from blackburn,

Just ordered my first starter kit so should hopefully be enjoing my first homebrew in a month or so :cheers:

Welcome Tron....I remember that game so well :lol:
stick to brewing it's easier and more fun :drunk:

alien.gif

Hehe Cheers :)

Hopefully the beer will be real :cheers:
Bought my kit from thethriftyshopper and the enhancer was all split open in the fementing bucket covering all the kit :(
Still the guy on the phone sent me a replacement enhancer and a free coopers kit and enhancer for the inconvienence of having to clean all the kit, which was nice!

So got my first Coopers Australian Lager fermenting away nicely :thumb:

Thinking of getting a refurbed cornelius keg once its cleared, how cost effective are the Co2 capsules for pressurising these kegs or is it better to get a proper Co2 bottle?

The cornie I got was converted to use the S30 Hambleton Bard CO2, which lasts a good long time if you're using it for serving rather than force carbonating. Local shop charges about £4.50 to swap the empty for a charged one, so it doesn't break the bank.

I don't have facts and figures because I just kegged my first brew in it.

The sparklet (soda stream) ones are not cost effective, since they are one shot jobs with no way to reseal or control the CO2.

Well done...you got a good result from thethriftyshopper....good add for them..make's you feel safe putting an order in with them.

Just arrived... this morning my AG batch to make a Hobgoblin clone.

alien.gif

Indeed, the chap on the phone seemed genuinely concernd that his product didnt reach me in tip top condition, I would of been more than happy with just a replacment enhancer but to get a full kit as well is above and beyond what i would of been happy with. :clap:

I do enjoy a bit of Hobgoblin, although AG is a bit beyond me yet! that is something i definatley would like to try.

I use to do AG years ago and I mean years (25). :wha: but now I'm back into it....did a kit in April but not to happy with it :roll: so back to AG.... for me it's more fun, and if you look at the forum you'll find folks doing AG in a pot on the cooker and turning out great beer :thumb:

alien.gif

Latest posts

Back