Hello!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caerleon

Regular.
Reaction score
Hi all!

Being from a historic Brewing family (Younger's I'm told) i thought i might give home brewing a go! I Have made some real good beers over the years and now getting back into it (as i have an understanding girlfriend!).

Currently i have a good Stout in my barrel which im bottling at the moment, i have 10 ltrs of entirely home made Elderflower champs in my fermentation bin - just waiting for the hydro check to get to bottle it up and place it in a safe place incase of breakages. My GF wants me to make ginger beer next and some either gooseberry or cherry wine from our produce on the allotment - it is more likely the ginger beer that goes on next.

I have been looking in London for 1ltr swingtop bottles (saves space in our small flat) anyone know of a supplier in North London area - i would rather check them out before i commit to buying.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

I don't know of any in London But i can say Matchless ( link at the Top) have some nice clear ones for sale. Seen them myself Monday give them a ring as they aren't on the web site ;) Tell them Muddy sent you.

Hi caerleon
Nice to meet you, i'm also in th north london area! where are you? There are no homebrew shops in north london i'm afraid, your best bet is to either buy the beer, drink it and use the bottles (bearing in mind that most are green, and green glass allows high levels of uv through it and can react with the hop oils, you'll have to keep filled ones in the dark), or buy them from an online homebrew shop.

You'll find some extremely helpful and knowledgeable people in here!

Have fun!
:cheers:

Welcome to the Forum caerleon.
Always looking for the cheap way, I use 1ltr PET bottles!

Thankyou all for the warm welcome!

I visited Laxtons of Broxborne yesterday as they had dark 500ml swing tops as I needed to get it out of the way!

Bottled my Elderflower Champs in stong bottles and checking them and releasing any pressure buildup.

Tony - Living in Walthamstow :drink:

Latest posts

Back