Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MmmBeer

Brew Pub Brewer
Reaction score
Seemingly like many other members, I have returned to home brewing recently after a brief dalliance as a student nearly 30 years ago. I have noticed that the quality of home brew kits have improved as much as the quality of commercial beer has over the same period. I am currently on my fifth batch and have already produced a number of decent brews, not like the garbage we used to swill at uni. I recently found my old kit in the attic of my Mum's house, some of the bottles still had beer in them. I wasn't tempted to taste any, it was bad enough when fresh.

I was tempted to return when a home brew shop opened briefly in my town, now sadly closed, but I still have three in close proximity, as well as the usual chains and online retailers.

I currently have a batch of Bad Cat imperial red in my pressure barrel and a Make Your Own IPA from the Range in my FV, for which I have used Gervin ale yeast.

I have started experimenting; adding spraymalt instead of dextrose and different / additional hops. My last IPA, a Munton's Connoisseur IPA was dry hopped with Ahtenum, which my mate found overpowering. As it's his 50th in just over a month, I am planning on using English Goldings and Boudicea to dry hop my current IPA, hopefully we'll have a good weekend on it.

Latest posts

Back