Hello......

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommoleeds

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

New to the brewing game but old hand at the sampling :laugh8:!
Just wanted to say hi to you all, and hopefully i dont need to pester you all too much, but that's why i'm here as i know i can get some great help from you as and when required.

i just got a start-up kit from home-brew-online.co.uk. i will be doing beer kits to start off with i may progress in future but definitely for first year or so i will be doing lagers and bitters. at the moment ive just started a coopers mexican cerveza. i have posted a thread in brewing forum. thanks for the welcome banbeer

Great kit to start with, don't feel pressured into going AG too quick, get some brews under your belt first, kits are fine, I do kits and AG, if you like lager then I can recommend the MYO premium lager kit from the Range you get hop pellets to add 7 days in. Be patient and try the 2-2-2 rule 2 weeks to ferment, 2 weeks to carbonate and 2 weeks to condition.

What @Banbeer says. Get to know your equipment, get comfortable with the process (not too comfortable...), keep things clean and all-grain is nice, but take your time! You gonna need to wait for the beer anyway, it takes ages before it's ready! Might as well start a new brew whilst the other one is conditioning....

Great kit to start with, don't feel pressured into going AG too quick, get some brews under your belt first, kits are fine, I do kits and AG, if you like lager then I can recommend the MYO premium lager kit from the Range you get hop pellets to add 7 days in. Be patient and try the 2-2-2 rule 2 weeks to ferment, 2 weeks to carbonate and 2 weeks to condition.

Yeah i wasnt going to rush things its really not worth it, but i am limited for space so i may not go into AG, but i could change my mind i do regularly haha!!! ive got a coopers bitter to do next. can you give me info on where you get your kits please banbeer.

What @Banbeer says. Get to know your equipment, get comfortable with the process (not too comfortable...), keep things clean and all-grain is nice, but take your time! You gonna need to wait for the beer anyway, it takes ages before it's ready! Might as well start a new brew whilst the other one is conditioning....

Cheers GerritT, yeah as i just mentioned above im gunna do a coopers bitter while ive got my lager conditioning, then while bitter is conditioning im gunna do a cider i think.

can you give me info on where you get your kits please banbeer.

Thanks @tommoleeds, I have no particular place that I get my brews from, what I usually do is look online to see what deals are about and then bulk purchase as shipping is free over a certain price.

If you're into cider then look on the forum for Turbo Cider (TC) it's really easy to do and the results are great, using fruit juice instead of a kit.

Hi @tommoleeds, welcome to the forum. I did a load of kits first and had some great successes in between the odd disaster. I expect I bought the same kit from H-B-Online as you have. It’s a great way to get competent at sanatising, fermenting and bottling.
Unfortunately my middle son bought me an AG recipe kit by accident for Christmas and I’ve since fallen down that rabbit hole. Whatever form you choose to brew with, it’s a fantastic way to spend your time, brew early and brew often. My new golden rule is one in the GetErBrewed shopping basket, one in the fermenter and a load in the fridge ready to go! Enjoy

Hi @tommoleeds, welcome to the forum. I did a load of kits first and had some great successes in between the odd disaster. I expect I bought the same kit from H-B-Online as you have. It’s a great way to get competent at sanatising, fermenting and bottling.
Unfortunately my middle son bought me an AG recipe kit by accident for Christmas and I’ve since fallen down that rabbit hole. Whatever form you choose to brew with, it’s a fantastic way to spend your time, brew early and brew often. My new golden rule is one in the GetErBrewed shopping basket, one in the fermenter and a load in the fridge ready to go! Enjoy

Thats the plan Alistair, ive got the coopers english bitter to go straight in after ive bottled my mexican cerveza. When that is 3 days old fermenting, im thinking of getting a cider, but i want for the next 10 weeks to not have my fermenting vessel empty for less than 2 days, so basically as soon as i bottle, clean, sanitize and then mix. acheers.

Thanks for the welcome n good brewing to you sirathumb..

Back