Hello

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bearded_jimmy

Reaction score
Hey every one,
my names is Jim and I am from fife Scotland, I am an ex squaddie, not been brewing for long, any thing I have made hasn’t been drinkable or you can drink it but the heart burn is an extra, I decided to join as it’s nice to meet like mind folk who like to drink, and have a bit of banter, and here hoping this forum will make me better brewer, as I have thirst of knowledgewink...wink...wink...wink...

cheers
Jim
(writer with a cherry flavoured lager in hand, not sure how I feel about it)

Welcome spend a few weeks reading in here and you will be brewing better beer than u can buy in no time

Welcome bearded one.
cheers:
Tell us more about your undrinkable brews and we might be able to give you a bit of guidance.
I thought the Scots could drink anything as long as there was a dram or ten to wash it down with.

Buy and make a Coopers Innkeepers Daughter kit, adding dried malt extract instead of sugar. That will be your starting reference brew. Then buy a de-luxe kit, possibly one of the Muntons range. Then start reading about water treatment and mashing.....

Thank everyone for making me feel welcome,

Welcome! Is that the one that was in Aldi?

yea the cherry was from Aldi, was nice it was my 1st time trying cheer,

Buy and make a Coopers Innkeepers Daughter kit, adding dried malt extract instead of sugar. That will be your starting reference brew. Then buy a de-luxe kit, possibly one of the Muntons range. Then start reading about water treatment and mashing.....

thanx for the recommendation, there too many kits on the market and they all claim to be the best,

I know they "claim" to be the best. My recommendation is based on recent use in the last year, when I was temporarily unable to make full mash beers. They are "cheap" and make a very drinkable beer. With experience you will improve them eg with extra hops and crystal malt. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back