Help - Corny keg leaks badly when beer tap conncted

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davemc

Reaction score
I bought a refurbished corny keg so assumed it was all ready to go. Sterlilised it and filled with a brew and priming sugar and left it to condition (this is my normal process rather than force carbing). Left it for several weeks and tonight I decide to pull some beer off and taste the brew. As soon as I connected a tap beer was pouring out from around the base. I tried a different tap and had the same result.

So any ideas on what the problem is and is my brew salvagable or will I have to empty it to fix the problem?

As soon as I connected a tap beer was pouring out from around the base
Hi!
Ball lock or pin lock?
What type of tap?
When you say leaking out from the base, do you mean the base of the tap?
If ball lock, are you sure that you've pushed the black quick disconnect all the way down on the post?

Ball lock connector

I have tried both picknic tap with beer line and also a chrome faucet.

Leaking from the base of the ball lock conector comming out fast so I didnt have time to leave it and look properly as I needed to disconnect to clean up the spillage.

Yes I pushed all the way down until it clicked.

As Godsdog said it is likely to be the O ring, or lack of??
I have had similar issues with a carbonation cap where the O ring (as supplied new) was too smaller diameter and leaked. Changed for another replacement that was visibly thicker and problem solved.

Hi!
I read a post in another place where the poster had bought new o-rings and had erroneously fitted the dip tube o-ring on the outlet post - if your keg is refurbished the same error may have been made.

Could you put a picture up? Is the connector on properly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back