Help identifying part please.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xeno

Reaction score
Anybody know what this washer/spacer? Is called and where I can get a replacement please.
It’s from the back of the 1/2” tap assembly between the tap and the shaft that fixes to the body of the Brew Monk all in one brewer
Searched the usual places but coming up blank.
Cheers.

Attachments

• 4DE658ED-7D8C-449B-AA01-06C4D06B94A7.jpeg
    4DE658ED-7D8C-449B-AA01-06C4D06B94A7.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 2
I Googled “nylon washers” and got hundreds of suggestions.

I suggest that you get the full measurements (external diameter, internal diameter, thickness and ‘edge shape’) to find a replacement.

Hope this helps.
:hat:

Cheers for your suggestion.
Trouble is I have no idea what it’s called as it’s not just a flat standard washer, it’s cupped to accommodate (I presume) the ball in the ball valve🤷

Thought it’d be a simple eBay jobby but nope.

Done some research and found no end of outfits selling Brew Monk “all in ones” but none seem to stock spares!

This makes me think that the tap (aka valve) may be a standard make with spares available everywhere.
:hat:
PS
It’s called “the seat”.

Try searching for:

(Makers Name +) ½" nylon seat for ball valve

Or

½" nylon seat for ball valve

Last edited:
On further hunting it is apparently called a ball valve seat.
But I’ll be buggered if I can find one off the peg.
Currently replaced it with one from another tap assembly. If it comes to it I’ll just have to replace the whole tap.

Disassembled it for cleaning as it had a very minor leak and found it to be damaged, hence the tiny leak.

On further hunting it is apparently called a ball valve seat.
But I’ll be buggered if I can find one off the peg.
Currently replaced it with one from another tap assembly. If it comes to it I’ll just have to replace the whole tap.

Disassembled it for cleaning as it had a very minor leak and found it to be damaged, hence the tiny leak.

Someone who has a 3d printer that does nylon may be able to construct a replacement.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back