Help..... where best to source online home-brew items?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Wooffindin

Reaction score
Good evening all,

At the start of the year I began to brew all-grain recipes in gallon batches. This worked very well, and thanks to those of you who gave me advice. I've brewed 10 batches now - keeping the maris otter grain constant, but playing around with hop combinations (target, EKG and Citra) plus some different yeasts. I've had some cracking results and the HPA clone was really nice.

However, my obvious problem is that brewing a gallon at a time means that I've drank a batch before I know it... I'm therefore looking towards the 25 litre batch size.

After toying with various systems, I've decided that I'd like to keep to the BIAB method as I find it's working for me. I'm therefore planning to buy a 40l Burco or Buffalo tea urn and convert it. The trouble I'm having is finding a decent online home-brew store where I can get all my gear. I don't want to use 2 or 3 different stores.

Essentially, I'm looking for somewhere where I can get my grain, hops, tap or valve kit, bazooka, chiller, decent fermenting bin, etc.... I've spent hours trying to find a one-stop shop without success.

Can any of you kind people give me any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

<>

Essentially, I'm looking for somewhere where I can get my grain, hops, tap or valve kit, bazooka, chiller, decent fermenting bin, etc.... I've spent hours trying to find a one-stop shop without success.

Can any of you kind people give me any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

Have a look here: https://www.brouwmarkt.nl/en/

Total price of the order excluding shipping costs is // between € 0,00 and € 150,00: // Orders above € 150,00

Great Britain (excl. Gibraltar, Channel Islands) // € 6,75 // FREE

Have a look here: https://www.brouwmarkt.nl/en/

Total price of the order excluding shipping costs is // between € 0,00 and € 150,00: // Orders above € 150,00

Great Britain (excl. Gibraltar, Channel Islands) // € 6,75 // FREE
I had no idea about this. I just assumed buying from Europe would cost a bomb! Postage is cheaper than GEB.

Do you not have a local home brew shop? Probably not if you’ve specifically asked about online, but I’d say always support your LHBS if you have one - times are hard for these guys.

I've used home-brew-online.com several times in the past few months, and they've been very quick & efficient.
Free delivery on orders over £65
Postage is usually about £3.95 but products are good value so if just a few items are bought together it usually adds up to a competitive price.

Aside from that I use Wilkinsons a lot.

Do you not have a local home brew shop? Probably not if you’ve specifically asked about online, but I’d say always support your LHBS if you have one - times are hard for these guys.
Sadly no longer. There was a local shop that closed down last year but he only focused on extract brewing with basic equipment. I guess wilkos around the area saw him off

Just for information, but in the end I managed to get everything from the the-home-brew-shop.co.uk

The other suggestions were good, so I'll keep them in mind for the future.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back