Help with a Rhubarb saison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irish1759

Reaction score
I picked up a Mangrove Jack's Saison. One of the tradition series pouches. Quite fancy dropping some rhubarb into it close to the end of fermentation. And recommendations on how much.. 1kg or more.
Was thinking of just chopping and freezing the chunks or is there a better method, like cooking with sugar like you do with a crumble 😂. I heard some people mix strawberry with the rhubarb too, I got some frozen strawberries that I use in my kombucha that I could use it. But have a clue which way to go...

Any thoughts or help, will be brew as back suggests with a 50/50 spraymalt, dextrose brew enhancer.

I have never tried Rhubarb in a brew, but a mate made Rhubarb Wine and as a result, I recommend extreme caution with the amount!

Roy lifted a recipe off the Internet and then announced to his wife “I don’t need that much sugar!” and halved the recommended amount. This was totally against his wife’s advice.

To say that the finished product was “tart” really doesn’t do justice to what was more “paint stripper” than wine!

On the basis that he had changed the Recipe and ignored her advice, Fiona made him drink every drop: alone!

You have been warned. Let us know how you get on.
:hat:

Back