Help with John Guest Fitting Type

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

Begbie

Regular.
Reaction score
Afternoon everyone. Need some help before I go demented! I'm going to buy a Sodastream bottle to dispense from my 5L mini keg. Been using 16g bulbs but I think I'll move up to the bigger bottle. I don't brew enough to justify anything bigger than that!

I have a universal mini regulator like the one below. I have bought a 1/8"NPT to 3/8"BSP Female brass fitting (to screw into the outlet of the regulator body) and a 3/8"BSP Male to 3/8" John Guest fitting - both together will allow me to connect the 3/8" tubing. All good. The other end however, for connect to the mini keg, is what's causing me issues:

I have the gas disconnect, as shown in the photo, which has a 7/16" threaded end. For the life of me, I can't find a john guest fitting with a Female 7/16" to 3/8" push fit. I did buy one from fleabay but it turned out to be a tap connector, so won't work - the threaded end of the gas disconnect 'bottoms out' before the threads have even engaged.

Could someone direct me on what I need to buy to make this gas disconnect work with 3/8" tube?

1633002092297.png
1633002478949.png

Buffers brewery

Complicated Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Begbie

Regular.
Reaction score
Will a 1/4 FFL screw onto a 7/16 MFL though? I've seen plenty of those on ebay and amazon but didn't consider them because they're a different imperial size. Just need to confirm before I spend more on useless fittings. 😁

Begbie

Regular.
Reaction score
Brilliant guys! Every day's a learning day. I've ordered a John Guest 3/8" to 1/4" FFL Adaptor from Amazon. Thank you for your help!

Latest posts