Help with Kegged Wherry

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

parpot

Regular.
Reaction score
I brewed the Wherry about a month ago and when completed, bottled 6 x 500ml and kegged the rest into a Corny. This is the first time I have used a keg. It was completely sterilised and cleaned beforehand, I primed the keg with brewing sugar. I put the Corny back into the brew Fridge for just over a week and then cold crashed and added some Co2 to keep it fresh. I am now 2 weeks in and it is still in the Fridge under Co2 around 1 psi. The taste and carbonation is fine but it is still cloudy is this normal and if so how long before it clears? The bottled Wherry is clear as a bell?

foxbat

Landlord.
Reaction score
I brewed the Wherry about a month ago and when completed, bottled 6 x 500ml and kegged the rest into a Corny. This is the first time I have used a keg. It was completely sterilised and cleaned beforehand, I primed the keg with brewing sugar. I put the Corny back into the brew Fridge for just over a week and then cold crashed and added some Co2 to keep it fresh. I am now 2 weeks in and it is still in the Fridge under Co2 around 1 psi. The taste and carbonation is fine but it is still cloudy is this normal and if so how long before it clears? The bottled Wherry is clear as a bell?
Remember a corny pulls from a dip tube just a few millimetres from a recess in the very bottom. Because you did a secondary fermentation in the keg there will be a quantity of trub that gets pulled out first. Chances are there's clear beer waiting for you above the first few pints.

parpot

Regular.
Reaction score
Ok thank for the responses. I have tried it at around 13c and it was the same but as fox bat suggests I have only pulled off around .75 of a litre so will have to try a bit more!