Help with Yeast needed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1611

Reaction score
Newbie here but i'm learning !!. I fancy making some WOW Ribena wine 5 litres.
Question :I have a spare 7 day Yeast and nutrient sachet for 23 litres from a winebuddy 30 bottle red kit .Do I add the whole packet to make 5 litres or do I measure out approx a 6th of the packet .Sorry to be so dumb so please forgive me but as I said Im learning :)

Last edited:
That sounds suspiciously like a turbo yeast sachet meant for producing circa 20%abv wash for distilling.
Not a good choice to use if it is. !!! Too much nutrient if the whole pack were to be used. It would taste awful.

I have also heard that since Ribena changed the recipe it no longer makes good wow.
I got that info about Ribena on this site,So its here somewhere.

That sounds suspiciously like a turbo yeast sachet meant for producing circa 20%abv wash for distilling.
Not a good choice to use if it is. !!! Too much nutrient if the whole pack were to be used. It would taste awful.

I have also heard that since Ribena changed the recipe it no longer makes good wow.
I got that info about Ribena on this site,So its here somewhere.
No it was a sachet of yeast and nutrient from a Winebuddy 30 bottle kit to make 30 bottles of red at approx 11/12% hope that helps

Well that's a better choice than a turbo.

Its hard to "OD" on yeast as it multiplies in any wine anyway.Just guessing but i think a quarter of a pack would not be too much,The added nutrient might help as their wont be a lot of nutrient in diluted Ribena.

Give it a try,As to be honest i have no real idea as to how it will turn out.I have made hundreds of gallons over a period of more than 50yrs but never once from Ribena,So I am interested in how it ends up.

Another guess would be i think you might need to dilute it less than normal to get a bit of body in your eventual wine.

Do please keep us posted as to how it turns out. athumb..

Well that's a better choice than a turbo.

Its hard to "OD" on yeast as it multiplies in any wine anyway.Just guessing but i think a quarter of a pack would not be too much,The added nutrient might help as their wont be a lot of nutrient in diluted Ribena.

Give it a try,As to be honest i have no real idea as to how it will turn out.I have made hundreds of gallons over a period of more than 50yrs but never once from Ribena,So I am interested in how it ends up.

Another guess would be i think you might need to dilute it less than normal to get a bit of body in your eventual wine.

Do please keep us posted as to how it turns out. athumb..
Will do John saw the recipe on here :)

Latest posts

Back