Help.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
@goodolpete contacted me today and asked if i am getting the same message he is at http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I haven't been on the site for many months and when i checked i got the same message (see below) i have also tried on my phone which i have never used to access the site and again i get the message which leads me to believe the site is no more (it was always fairly quiet) could i ask members to visit the site and let us know if you get the banned message especially those who are not members, thanks.

Banning Notification. Sorry, you are banned from using this forum!

I tried to look at this post via Tapatalk and was informed that this thread was invisible to me so accessing site using desktop on phone.Weird.Shall check out the link out of curiosity.

Yes same message although I'm not a member.

Screenshot_2017-06-11-16-43-50.png

@goodolpete contacted me today and asked if i am getting the same message he is at http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/yabb2/YaBB.pl

I haven't been on the site for many months and when i checked i got the same message (see below) i have also tried on my phone which i have never used to access the site and again i get the message which leads me to believe the site is no more (it was always fairly quiet) could i ask members to visit the site and let us know if you get the banned message especially those who are not members, thanks.

Coming up like that on my iPad aswell

Thanks, I guess the site has been taken down it was quiet so maybe the owner thought it was not worth the hassle.

Thanks, I guess the site has been taken down it was quiet so maybe the owner thought it was not worth the hassle.

Bit of a shame really, did it not have the numbers or was it awkward/difficult to use the site ?

Bit of a shame really, did it not have the numbers or was it awkward/difficult to use the site ?

The site was fine and had some great members but it suffered as a lot do with a lack of new members joining and when i stopped visiting had become a handful of members chatting amongst themselves which as a forum never works.

Not used the site for a long long time.Yup same message for me!
I found it had little beer brewing info,always more wine orientated.

...I've been using that forum for several months now and found it very useful (admittedly I'm a wine maker not a beer brewer... although I'm bound to give it a go at some point!) but tried to log on this morning and got the same 'Banned' message. A quick search on google led me to this thread so thank you, at least I know it wasn't something I said! :doh:

Anyway, I've just signed up to this forum as it also looks like a great place to hang out! :)

All the best,
Mark

I just tried that link in google chrome on a windows 7 PC and it works fine and goes to the forum. The most recent post I can see is 2 days old.

Just saw a new post, someone saying something about getting a banned message but no details, maybe its now fixed

...I've been using that forum for several months now and found it very useful (admittedly I'm a wine maker not a beer brewer... although I'm bound to give it a go at some point!) but tried to log on this morning and got the same 'Banned' message. A quick search on google led me to this thread so thank you, at least I know it wasn't something I said! :doh:

Anyway, I've just signed up to this forum as it also looks like a great place to hang out! :)

All the best,
Mark

Its back again, i am glad you have found us and hope you continue to use both sites. :thumb:

All the best,
Mark
Welcome Mark, you're right, this is a geat place.
GOP

Back