HERMS control panel uk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dazzler

Reaction score
Hi is anyone aware of a UK HERMS control panel builder or seller, everything I find is either DIY or from the American market. i really don't want to build this myself as I'm short on free time as that's spent brewing beer!
thanks for the help.

I have seen one on eBay who builds to order. I think he’s based in Cornwall
In the process of building my own and kind of wished I,d had built to order... although I am saving maybe half .

Hi thanks for that, I usually take the DIY option but that’s way out of my comfort zone, and with 5kw elements I need someone who knows what they are doing. I will check him out

Thanks for that, perfect for what I was looking for, I will make contact and check it out.

These guys have been posting on Jim's
https://www.einbrew.com/einbrew-3v2p
(This is not a recommendation as I have not bought anything from them myself)
You probably noticed I had a bit of a set-to with the guy behind Einbrew on Jim's! But I did come away having gained a valuable insight into HERMS controls. I'll probably post the results here one day (I used the set-to as an excuse to write another of my long-winded "treatises").

If the guy behind "Einbrew" learnt anything from that little fracas he certainly wasn't letting on. It would be an advantage if forum's made it very clear when commercial interests might be clouding some of the responses and advice given. Didn't it use to be the case on this site until recently?

(EDIT: "Didn't it use to be the case?" I asked. A. Possibly? - A few things I might of thought were the case changed with: https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/terms-of-service-and-rules.75931/)

Last edited:
@peebee
I just read your spate with einbrew did make me chuckle, how was your blood pressure post-post lol.
Did give me a bit to think about where I should position my sensor.

... how was your blood pressure post-post ...
Not bad. Not really my blood pressure I have to worry about. And I was quite surprised I could roll-over (eventually) and take the hit. Just goes to show all that money everyone gives away (and probably you) to the NHS so they can have me go on the courses they run, has an effect.

The NHS doesn't like having its lunatics wandering the streets unprepared!

Cheers! o_O

Hi is anyone aware of a UK HERMS control panel builder or seller, everything I find is either DIY or from the American market. i really don't want to build this myself as I'm short on free time as that's spent brewing beer!
thanks for the help.

Have you thought about using a Blichman Tower of Power unit? I have two in my HERMS set up and they’re perfect for the job. Admittedly they were from the states as you mentioned not wanting to look there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi not an issue of not wanting to buy from the us, just the few I have contacted so far wouldn’t asssit with shipping and customs issues and told me I had to use a shipping agent which is cost prohibitive.

Thanks for the lead I will take a look.

Back