Hey all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello Eric, and welcome. It's a bit early for me, OG's????
Tell us what you've been brewing and what you favourite English style is.

I have been brewing a lot of bitters lately, trying to perfect a malt bill for a house bitter where I brew with the same grist but chance up the hops a bit for variation.
I have settled on MO, 4% Crystal, 4% Crisp Amber 6% invert 3 and 5% torrified wheat. And a variety with No crystal, 10% invert, 4% Amber and 8% wheat for my best bitters.
Strong bitter is similair, 4% Crystal, 6% invert and 2% brown malt. Bu:gu ratio of about 0.75 for both. Looking to try out hop stands when I get to brewing again.
Other than that I have a done some brown ales, porters and strong ales and have a RIS and an oatmeal stout bottled, both need some revisions for the next time I brew them. The RIS needs less roasted barley and the oatmeal stout more. I have just moved so can't brew right now, but I am ordering stuff so I can start kegging when I get to brewing again.

OG's-Old Gits haha.....only joking though not getting any younger myself.
Hi and welcome to the forum and seems like you have your brewing well in hand and as for kegging a great step up but think the Oatmeal and the RIS are and deserve good old fashioned bottling for conditioning as they can take a bit longer to come right and mellow..

Back