Hey from Get 'er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Get_Er_Brewed

THBF Sponsor
THBF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey!

I’d like to introduce our homebrew and micro brewery shop called Get ‘er Brewed, we have a bricks and mortar store within Hillstown Farmshop in Ahoghill, County Antrim and we operate two online stores www.geterbrewed.com and www.geterbrewed.ie catering for homebrewers and micro breweries in the UK & Ireland

We are passionate about this industry and believe we are revolutionising the way people brew in our local market. We have made this industry our livelihood and have built a solid team, we want to be the best and are highly driven! We now own our own Micro Brewery also so we have first hand experience of running a brewery.

We put a clear focus on the freshness of our ingredients and crush all grain orders to order, we cold store all our hops and we ship all our liquid yeast with ice packs (free of charge) We buy in massive bulk now and pass the savings on to you guys, I feel we have really driven down prices and not let this affect quality, in fact the selection and quality has improved as the best suppliers now want us to sell their products.

We now supply alot of breweries with ingredients and feel this has helped us hugely with our homebrew sector, our cold stored hops are the finest available anywhere and brewers are noticing this and moving their hop contracts to us as the difference in quality is noticable.

This year we were able to launch our own brand range ‘Craft a Beer’

Recipe Builder; Step by step select from Get ‘er brewed’s extensive range of the world’s finest malts and hops. An easy and money saving way to create your own craft beer recipe in a quantity exactly to your specifications

Get ‘er brewed accurately measure each grain and hop addition, the grain is then freshly milled the day that its dispatched, packed in protective plastic packaging plus the hops are sealed in foil vac pouches measured out in a quantity selected by you. Combine these ingredients with the best yeast strains & awesome spice additions and we feel you have*an epic new recipe building service.

We are the first homebrew store in the industry to present this recipe building service in a bespoke step by step format plus*you are charged per gram so the value is outstanding!*You see the price per recipe prior to checkout, it’s the best value available anywhere!!

We are excited about this product, it has been a huge investment for us to produce this innovative money saving product.

We also launched our craft a beer kit which allows homebrewers to clone or design their favourite beer in a kit. The finest Malt Extract with the ability for you to select your desired hop IBU’s then innovative hop tea bags for flavor and aroma.

We proudly distribute some awesome brewing equipment from Speidel, Brewiks, Grainfather and others and we have recently started installing micro breweries and supply a lot of micro breweries with their ingredients, so if you own a micro brewery get in touch for some trade prices.

We have just installed a micro brewery showroom, which has an operational 200 & 500 litre microbrewery complete with brewiks pressurised conicals. We now run monthly brew days which are very informative for anyone interested in staring a microbrewery

Please check out the multiple buying quantities we offer, we do this to bring maximum flexibility all grains and hops are available in various quantities

We also now employee an in house engineer who has been designing some new equipment, so if you have any ideas or requests we’d love to hear from you, drop us an email to [email protected]. He made the chillinator rapid wort chiller which has been a huge success.

We are offering a 5% discount code to all members of the forum also, we genuinely appreciate your support (you can find the code in the sponsor forum)

Please join us on social media to keep uptodate with whats new

Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/geterbrewed/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/Geterbrewed
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/geterbrewed/
Google Plus -https://plus.google.com/+Geterbrewed

Thanks

Jonathan & Deborah

Hi, can you tell me if you're planning a yeast order soon? I was going to place an order last week but 3 of the 4 yeasts I wanted were out of stock.

Hi, can you tell me if you're planning a yeast order soon? I was going to place an order last week but 3 of the 4 yeasts I wanted were out of stock.

We will be placing a wyeast order over the weekend and we have good stock of whitelabs and fermentum mobile, what do you need? We are offering some free samples of the new polish liquid yeast in return for reviews...

We are offering a 5% discount code to all members of the forum also, we genuinely appreciate your support (you can find the code in the sponsor forum)

Can you tell me if the code is working as the last two times I have ordered it has not worked at the checkout and I had left a message in my notes at order and had also returned an email from my order receipt and had no reply.
On another note I had also enquired about the Single hop Elle stovetop kit and wondered if it could be mad up to a 20 litre kit as it was so good.:thumb:

Can you tell me if the code is working as the last two times I have ordered it has not worked at the checkout and I had left a message in my notes at order and had also returned an email from my order receipt and had no reply.
On another note I had also enquired about the Single hop Elle stovetop kit and wondered if it could be mad up to a 20 litre kit as it was so good.:thumb:

The code works, I used it last week

I think someone said don't copy and paste the code, i don't know if that is still the case with the new code.

We will be placing a wyeast order over the weekend and we have good stock of whitelabs and fermentum mobile, what do you need? We are offering some free samples of the new polish liquid yeast in return for reviews...

I was after Wyeast 1318 and 3711, neither of which have a WLP equivalent, and WLP650 which does have a Wyeast equivalent but it was also out of stock. If there is a Fermentum yeast which is similar to any of these I'd love to give it a try.

Sometimes copy & paste jobs can add spaces at the end undetected and make the code not work.

This kind of thing annoys the **** off me. I work in web application development and trimming whitespace off the end of inputs should be routine and straightforward.

string.Trim();

easy peasy.

This kind of thing annoys the **** off me. I work in web application development and trimming whitespace off the end of inputs should be routine and straightforward.

string.Trim();

easy peasy.

?...............:confused:.................:sick:..................:nah:............what..??
What about us poor old farts that are just getting the hang of typing.
Thing is, I'd like to trim the whitespace off the end of my inputs, but....I don't think I'll ever find the time......to figure out what it is..!

I was after Wyeast 1318 and 3711, neither of which have a WLP equivalent, and WLP650 which does have a Wyeast equivalent but it was also out of stock. If there is a Fermentum yeast which is similar to any of these I'd love to give it a try.
FM strain Wyeast equivalent

FM10 - 1275 Thames Valley Ale
FM11 - 1469 West Yorkshire Ale
FM12 - 1728 Scottish Ale
FM13 - 1084 Irish Ale
FM20 - 3944 Belgian Witbier
FM21 - 3724 Belgian Saison
FM25 - 1214 Belgian Abbey
FM26 - 3522 Belgian Ardennes
FM27 - 3787 Trappist High Gravity
FM28 - 1762 Belgian Abbey II
FM30 - 2278 Czech Pils
FM31- 2308 Munich Lager
FM41 - 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen
FM42 - 1007 German Ale
FM50 - 1010 American Wheat
FM51 - No reference
FM52 - 1056 American Ale
FM53 - No reference

We've since edited this and added an alternative for both wyeast and whitelabs onto the Fermentum Mobile products
http://www.geterbrewed.com/yeasts/

FM strain Wyeast equivalent

FM10 - 1275 Thames Valley Ale
FM11 - 1469 West Yorkshire Ale
FM12 - 1728 Scottish Ale
FM13 - 1084 Irish Ale
FM20 - 3944 Belgian Witbier
FM21 - 3724 Belgian Saison
FM25 - 1214 Belgian Abbey
FM26 - 3522 Belgian Ardennes
FM27 - 3787 Trappist High Gravity
FM28 - 1762 Belgian Abbey II
FM30 - 2278 Czech Pils
FM31- 2308 Munich Lager
FM41 - 3068 Weihenstephan Weizen
FM42 - 1007 German Ale
FM50 - 1010 American Wheat
FM51 - No reference
FM52 - 1056 American Ale
FM53 - No reference

Very helpful, thanks.

?...............:confused:.................:sick:..................:nah:............what..??
What about us poor old farts that are just getting the hang of typing.
Thing is, I'd like to trim the whitespace off the end of my inputs, but....I don't think I'll ever find the time......to figure out what it is..!

You don't have to it's something the web designers do for you.

Meanwhile sorry geterbrewed but I'm going to have a moan. I'm not usually the type, I'm much more of a try and fix it person that just moaning, but I figure we're all grownups and you work hard to get our custom so maybe you'd like a bit of feedback:

I was on eBay yesterday ordering something small, 100g of hop pellets and four 11g dried yeast sachets. In my eBay basket it came up as £19 give or take. Then the light bulb came on and I thought I'd give geterbrewed a go. The exact same items, same hops, same harvest, same brand for the yeast, same everything. Came to £18, less discount, £17. Cheaper then eBay but then postage was included there so I needed to find out about your charges. I'm thinking 30p for a jiffy bag, 50p to pay someone to go pick it, stick it in the jiffy bag and walk down to the post office with a bagfull of the things, and £1.30 for Royal Mail first class post for a small jiffy bag <200g. That £2 would bring it back up to the the eBay price but I'd rather deal with you, forum sponsor, get to know you, all of that, so I carried on to the checkout.

Six quid postage! For a 150g jiffy bag. For a mail order business to make that much profit from postage charges doesn't seem to be a sustainable business model to me. Gave up and went back to eBay, sorry.

You don't have to it's something the web designers do for you.

Meanwhile sorry geterbrewed but I'm going to have a moan. I'm not usually the type, I'm much more of a try and fix it person that just moaning, but I figure we're all grownups and you work hard to get our custom so maybe you'd like a bit of feedback:

I was on eBay yesterday ordering something small, 100g of hop pellets and four 11g dried yeast sachets. In my eBay basket it came up as £19 give or take. Then the light bulb came on and I thought I'd give geterbrewed a go. The exact same items, same hops, same harvest, same brand for the yeast, same everything. Came to £18, less discount, £17. Cheaper then eBay but then postage was included there so I needed to find out about your charges. I'm thinking 30p for a jiffy bag, 50p to pay someone to go pick it, stick it in the jiffy bag and walk down to the post office with a bagfull of the things, and £1.30 for Royal Mail first class post for a small jiffy bag <200g. That £2 would bring it back up to the the eBay price but I'd rather deal with you, forum sponsor, get to know you, all of that, so I carried on to the checkout.

Six quid postage! For a 150g jiffy bag. For a mail order business to make that much profit from postage charges doesn't seem to be a sustainable business model to me. Gave up and went back to eBay, sorry.

Seems you know very little about postage costs. They make nothing in sending items to the uk. With regards to the items ordered you also need to compare quality. GEB have top quality malts and hops kept in perfect condition. I often read threads about poor quality hops found on eBay and other sites.

Not having a go but think a bit of research about postage from Ireland to the U.K. And you will see how much it costs. Other Irish businesses charge more to deliver.

Seems you know very little about postage costs. They make nothing in sending items to the uk. With regards to the items ordered you also need to compare quality. GEB have top quality malts and hops kept in perfect condition. I often read threads about poor quality hops found on eBay and other sites.

Not having a go but think a bit of research about postage from Ireland to the U.K. And you will see how much it costs. Other Irish businesses charge more to deliver.
No need for that tone, I didn't know it's an Irish company, just missed in amongst the detail. But nevertheless here's why a conversation is always better than bottling things up, now I and anyone else who read this will know how come geterbrewed postage rates are dearer than some others.

As for quality of goods I'm sure you're right and I'd pay a bit extra, but I've had no problems with eBay suppliers yet. I've dealt mostly with sellers who are just offering mail order from bricks and mortar retail premises so they're going to be reasonably reliable.

now I and anyone else who read this will know how come geterbrewed postage rates are dearer than some others.

It's a courier charge not a postal charge and to be fair at about a �£5 for a courier thats pretty dam cheap for up to 25kg weight. Most other homebrew shops are 2 - 3 times that courier cost. Maybe try enquiring with them about using Royal mail for small item postage but tbh i don't think it would pay them to run to a post box for 1 or 2 small items when DPD is most likely uplifting the orders, there service comes into it's own when you order the bigger weights or delicate items that contain glass or similar. For your order certainly fleabay is hard to beat as they will not use a courier.

It's a courier charge not a postal charge and to be fair at about a ��£5 for a courier thats pretty dam cheap for up to 25kg weight. Most other homebrew shops are 2 - 3 times that courier cost. Maybe try enquiring with them about using Royal mail for small item postage but tbh i don't think it would pay them to run to a post box for 1 or 2 small items when DPD is most likely uplifting the orders, there service comes into it's own when you order the bigger weights or delicate items that contain glass or similar. For your order certainly fleabay is hard to beat as they will not use a courier.
Yes I can see that now, maybe that fiver is the best that's available to them. I have no idea where County Antrim is, don't know if the Royal Mail works there or whether there's an equivalent. I'm still surprised that it costs so much to post a small jiffy bag, I'd have thought mail services would be better provided between Ireland and here.

Back