Hey, from Glasgow, Scotland

Help Support The HomeBrew Forum:

stesworldofbeer

Reaction score
Hey, im Steven, and new to the forum.

Im just starting out in one gallon (4.5L) brewing. I have all the equipment i need, and im going to start off with a simple recipe using DME and a 15min boil, which i saw on youtube.

After that, i'll be moving to all-grain brewing. Im wanting to do single hop beer and maybe SMaSH beers. I mostly drink Belgian beer, German beer, and non-alcoholic beer, which is getting better these days.

Im here to learn more about small batch brewing, and how to tailor recipes, etc.

Is there a homebrew forum app i can put on my phone desktop?

Last edited:

DocAnna

Scottish Brewster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A warm sunny welcome to the forum, and there's some great homebrew suppliers local to Glasgow. The forum adapts itself really well on a small screen though it's a bit fiddly picking emojis on the phone but I seem to use these a bit more than most 😆. Those small batches might not stay small for long, you'll be looking at a 30 litre boiler before you know it!

stesworldofbeer

Reaction score
A warm sunny welcome to the forum, and there's some great homebrew suppliers local to Glasgow. Those small batches might not stay small for long, you'll be looking at a 30 litre boiler before you know it!
Thanks. People have been telling me that, that i'd be better buying bigger pots, etc lol, but i think im happy to just experiment with small batches. I dont drink alot these days, it means if i mess up a batch ive not lost much, and i can brew more regularly.

NormanHurst

Regular.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Small batches are a great way to start. You brew more often, learn more quickly and have a wider variety of styles to drink or experiment with. There is definitely a trade off between effort and yield, but stick to your guns and enjoy the ride.

Scott Begbie

Reaction score
Welcome from another Weegie (now living in Paisley for my sins)!

After quite a few kit beers, I moved to a couple of small batch 5L AG kits from an online supplier, and then a couple of my own 5L SMaSH brews, but I've moved onto 10L batches now, as I found that the time and effort was more than the yield was worth. I'm now waiting on delivery of a 25L Klarstein Maischfest!! :laugh8:

Enjoy your journey!

HSD

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello
Wealth of experience and information happily shared on here, relatively new to brewing myself and do mostly small all grain batches with the occasional kit with a mini mash addition etc. Volume is increasing (mine and the brews!) started off 5 L small batches now 10L, which I also find gives a better return for the time spent. Enjoy!

TrevTheBev

Reaction score
Welcome from another Weegie (now living in Paisley for my sins)!

After quite a few kit beers, I moved to a couple of small batch 5L AG kits from an online supplier, and then a couple of my own 5L SMaSH brews, but I've moved onto 10L batches now, as I found that the time and effort was more than the yield was worth. I'm now waiting on delivery of a 25L Klarstein Maischfest!! :laugh8:

Enjoy your journey!
And what's wrong with Paisley may I ask :confused.::confused.::laugh8: