Hey, from Glasgow, Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stesworldofbeer

Reaction score
Hey, im Steven, and new to the forum.

Im just starting out in one gallon (4.5L) brewing. I have all the equipment i need, and im going to start off with a simple recipe using DME and a 15min boil, which i saw on youtube.

After that, i'll be moving to all-grain brewing. Im wanting to do single hop beer and maybe SMaSH beers. I mostly drink Belgian beer, German beer, and non-alcoholic beer, which is getting better these days.

Im here to learn more about small batch brewing, and how to tailor recipes, etc.

Is there a homebrew forum app i can put on my phone desktop?

Last edited:
A warm sunny welcome to the forum, and there's some great homebrew suppliers local to Glasgow. The forum adapts itself really well on a small screen though it's a bit fiddly picking emojis on the phone but I seem to use these a bit more than most 😆. Those small batches might not stay small for long, you'll be looking at a 30 litre boiler before you know it!

A warm sunny welcome to the forum, and there's some great homebrew suppliers local to Glasgow. Those small batches might not stay small for long, you'll be looking at a 30 litre boiler before you know it!
Thanks. People have been telling me that, that i'd be better buying bigger pots, etc lol, but i think im happy to just experiment with small batches. I dont drink alot these days, it means if i mess up a batch ive not lost much, and i can brew more regularly.

Small batches are a great way to start. You brew more often, learn more quickly and have a wider variety of styles to drink or experiment with. There is definitely a trade off between effort and yield, but stick to your guns and enjoy the ride.

Welcome from another Weegie (now living in Paisley for my sins)!

After quite a few kit beers, I moved to a couple of small batch 5L AG kits from an online supplier, and then a couple of my own 5L SMaSH brews, but I've moved onto 10L batches now, as I found that the time and effort was more than the yield was worth. I'm now waiting on delivery of a 25L Klarstein Maischfest!! :laugh8:

Enjoy your journey!

Hello
Wealth of experience and information happily shared on here, relatively new to brewing myself and do mostly small all grain batches with the occasional kit with a mini mash addition etc. Volume is increasing (mine and the brews!) started off 5 L small batches now 10L, which I also find gives a better return for the time spent. Enjoy!

Welcome from another Weegie (now living in Paisley for my sins)!

After quite a few kit beers, I moved to a couple of small batch 5L AG kits from an online supplier, and then a couple of my own 5L SMaSH brews, but I've moved onto 10L batches now, as I found that the time and effort was more than the yield was worth. I'm now waiting on delivery of a 25L Klarstein Maischfest!! :laugh8:

Enjoy your journey!
And what's wrong with Paisley may I ask :confused.::confused.::laugh8:

Latest posts

Back