Hi all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrRenart

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’m new on the forum, living in Hampshire, brewing essentially herbal things for 2 years.
Here to learn more on ale brewing techniques and skills.

Renart

Welcome Renart,
What kind of herbal things do you brew? Sounds very interesting. I used to live in Southampton (hundreds of years ago). What part of Hampshire?
It's lovely weather here, too.

Last edited:
So,

I found after some research on the forum you have a copy of Herbal and Healing Beers. This ook is clearly a source of inspiration for me. Another one is the Wildcrafting Brewer, and Herball guide to botanical drinks (this one for non alcoholic drinks, but a good source of inspiration for some booze as well).

I'm fond of fermentation, using that for preserves, cooking (fermented mushrooms, especially british shiitake, are wonderful), sodas, and obviously booze. So even if a love real ale, I came to brewing from my herbal and fermentation background.

Some of my latest beers were an aromatic one (based on sage, including thyme, rosemary and so on, with demerara as a sugary base) and licorice (I love this one ... I'll go for one NOW !!!). Of course some ciders, mead (especially spices ones), ginger beer, and I'm on my first country wine (grapejuice and honey, to obtain a "pyment"). I'm also on a pine beer (using some cones and needles).

Another ongoing experiment (thanks to lockdown) is getting a wild bug from my garden, to replace usual yeast.

I'm brewing for almost 2 years now. But I'm perhaps more interested by funny tastes :-)

Renart

Back