Hi All . . .

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As promised I would let you know how the Woodfordes Wherry turned out. Just a few weeks in the bottle and I must say I am very impressed with the results. Good carbonation and close to the real thing. Maybe 2 drops instead of 1. Going to leave it as long as i can but to be honest I can’t see it lasting 3 months as predicted. What do you think. ??
That looks good, I’ve had a mare with mine it was two weeks into conditioning when during the night my shelf with the barrel on collapsed in the shed! I didn’t know until I went to check it later the next day. Barrel upside down and beer spraying out of the pressure valve.
I stood it back up and I’ve not lost much volume . Left it to settle, tried it last night and it tastes rank and no pressure . Re gassed it but still rank. Might have to dump it not sure what I can do with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

That looks good, I’ve had a mare with mine it was two weeks into conditioning when during the night my shelf with the barrel on collapsed in the shed! I didn’t know until I went to check it later the next day. Barrel upside down and beer spraying out of the pressure valve.
I stood it back up and I’ve not lost much volume . Left it to settle, tried it last night and it tastes rank and no pressure . Re gassed it but still rank. Might have to dump it not sure what I can do with it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh no what a nightmare for you😩. I’m not an expert by a long way but if it tastes that rank I would probably dump it and put it down to a bad day. Maybe some more experienced brewer can give you better advice than me. Could be that there is still a lot of bits suspended in the beer that will take a long time to settle but it’s so annoying as you have come this far with the brew. Hope things turn out ok.

Back