Hi all

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheExpatBrews

Reaction score
Looking forward to joining the forum! I had been brewing for 7 years in the US before moving to UK for work three and a half years ago. First couple years without any kit were painful, as the itch to brew never left. I finally shipped over some BIAB equipment I had in storage and have been dabbling the last year and a half or so with a handful of brews. We've moved out of London to Berkshire and have more space now, so I'm looking to get fully back into it. I've got tentative - fingers crossed - go ahead from the wife to build a dedicated brew shed in the garden, which will be a game changer! I'm sure to ask a load of questions as the new journey begins, and who knows, maybe have a bit of knowledge I can share along the way. Cheers!

Welcome indeed. It would be interesting to know what you used to brew back home and whether your tastes have changed now you're here in merry England.

Looking forward to joining the forum! I had been brewing for 7 years in the US before moving to UK for work three and a half years ago. First couple years without any kit were painful, as the itch to brew never left. I finally shipped over some BIAB equipment I had in storage and have been dabbling the last year and a half or so with a handful of brews. We've moved out of London to Berkshire and have more space now, so I'm looking to get fully back into it. I've got tentative - fingers crossed - go ahead from the wife to build a dedicated brew shed in the garden, which will be a game changer! I'm sure to ask a load of questions as the new journey begins, and who knows, maybe have a bit of knowledge I can share along the way. Cheers!
Welcome!
I don't know where abouts in Berkshire you are, but I know that Reading Amateur Brewers are meeting in person again now. I've never been as I only found them during Lockdown, but I plan to head along to the next meetup on 11th November.
https://www.readingamateurbrewers.co.uk/index.php/events/

Thanks all for the welcome.

I don't know where abouts in Berkshire you are, but I know that Reading Amateur Brewers are meeting in person again now. I've never been as I only found them during Lockdown, but I plan to head along to the next meetup on 11th November.

We're not far from Reading so thanks for that. As things stand I can't make the 11th due to a work conference, but will certainly look to join the next one!

Latest posts

Back