Hi everybody and Happy New Year

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mush59

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I had a go at homebrew 35 years ago and a combination of not very good kits and inexperience on my part, no YouTube, Google or forums then,it was all rubbish so soon gave it up. So, 35 years on I gave it another go and the difference is night and day. Its kits I'm doing, red, white wine and beer and cider all very drinkable and some Mangrove Jacks juicy IPA and St Peters golden ale better than you would get in a some pubs. All have been bottled but have just bought a old fridge, 2 x 19ltr corny kegs, sourced a co2 bottle and now have a pils carbinating at 10 psi hopefully that's right and a muntons old English bitter in a fermenter which will be kegged in a couple of days. I've really enjoyed getting back into homebrewing which is good cus I enjoy a drink. All the best, enjoy the day and chin_chin.

Hello and welcome, i would carb a pils at 20psi athumb..
Hi, I kegged on the 30/12, I sealed the lid at 30 psi and the have been carbing at 10 psi. If I go to 20psi how long should I do it for. Also, I just have the gas line attached when I come to attach the beer line which is a picnic tap supplied with the kegs by malt miller, do I just reduce the psi and attach the line or do I have to turn the co2 off and remove all the pressure in the keg then attach.

Hi i would set at 20psi for 2 weeks, i use party taps and serve at 8 to 10psi once the beer is carbonated, no need to remove pressure in the keg just set regulator at serving presser attach your tap and serve, i also have check valves on my gas lines this will stop beer getting in the regulator, hope this makes sense as i am useless at explaining things

Hi i would set at 20psi for 2 weeks, i use party taps and serve at 8 to 10psi once the beer is carbonated, no need to remove pressure in the keg just set regulator at serving presser attach your tap and serve, i also have check valves on my gas lines this will stop beer getting in the regulator, hope this makes sense as i am useless at explaining things
That's great, thanks for getting back to me.

Latest posts

Back