Hi Everyone

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

centurion50

Reaction score
Hi all
Relative newbie to brewing, I've had some successful 1 gallon batches of various concoctions including an amazing Elderflower wine bottled at the weekend.
I've a batch of 6.5% American IPA conditioning nicely and just started off a rather nice sack mead :smile:
I have a question I wonder if anyone can answer.
I'm looking to make natural wines from natural ingredients, like Elder, and got in my head this morning Elderflower and Rose Petal, I think it has the potential to be amazing, my question is, has anyone on here made it before?
If yes, what ratio of Elderflower to Rose Petal's did you use? what did it taste like?
obviously given the time of year it will be dried Elderflowers and I'll probably buy dried Rose Petals at the same time.
Look forward to your answers.
Cheers
Gary

Hi chippy_tea, thanks for the link, time is not really an issue tbh, my sack mead will take at least 8 months lol.
I'm just trying to go down the natural ingredients route and traditional wine making route, can't seem to find anyone that's made Elderflower and Rose Petal though lol.

I have done a quick search and can find both Elderflower and Rose Petal recipes and discussion but not both combined.

Same, think I'll just experiment with quantities and see which one I prefer.
I'm surprised nobody has tried it, if you Google it you can actually buy it.
Once I've found a decent combination I'll add it on here in case anyone else wants to try it.
Thanks for your help mate

Same, think I'll just experiment with quantities and see which one I prefer.
I'm surprised nobody has tried it, if you Google it you can actually buy it.
Once I've found a decent combination I'll add it on here in case anyone else wants to try it.
Thanks for your help mate

Hi mate

Did you ever find a good rose petal and elderflower combo?

Cheers

Latest posts

Back